Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New steel, new knife passaround - YXR-7 210mm Gyuto

Yes, if love to give it a spin. Thanks!

once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfmacaw View Post
    But you are Canadian...you are by definition so nice you should go first. Not sure how to get around the tax thing though.....I've bought knives from all around the world and never paid a penny in duty, but then I guess I have to deal with Obama care....I think you guys have that one nailed.
    We are supposed to get dinged on anything over $20CAD unless it's a gift in which case it's $60. Don't believe me read it for yourself:
    http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/po...roits-eng.html
    http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/po...deaux-eng.html

With our dollar being so crummy it sucks buying anything. Even if you buy something for 50% off but it is insured for the full amount you'll pay on the full amount . You have to apply to get the difference back and need an invoice and a bunch of paperwork. I'm lucky that the CBSA offices are close so it's a lunch hour errand.

"A dull knife means you're a ******* loser" – Matty Matheson

I'd love a go at it.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I'm in as well please

Quote Originally Posted by tjangula View Post
    We are supposed to get dinged on anything over $20CAD unless it's a gift in which case it's $60. Don't believe me read it for yourself:
    http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/po...roits-eng.html
    http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/po...deaux-eng.html

With our dollar being so crummy it sucks buying anything. Even if you buy something for 50% off but it is insured for the full amount you'll pay on the full amount . You have to apply to get the difference back and need an invoice and a bunch of paperwork. I'm lucky that the CBSA offices are close so it's a lunch hour errand.
    Ya, I went to a conference in Ottawa and in my free time went to the library and was surprised by the tax laws....I thought ours were confiscatory....You think you would get some kind of tax break since the air freezes for 2/3 of the year...yeah, you always thought that white stuff on the ground was frozen water but up there it's frozen oxygen!!! I lived in the Midwest and thought that was cold....for those of you about to freeze I salute you. Winter finally hit here in San Diego, it sometimes gets down in the 50's at night

I wouldn't mind a shot at it.
    “Though I could not caution all, I still might warn a few; Don’t lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools.” Robert Hunter

I'm in Sam
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

I would love to try it out, I'm also in Chicago so you can put me at the very end of the pass around if you like.

I'd like to be included, and thanks for offering this as a passaround!

If you have room, I'd like to give it a try.