Watanabe - shipping cost to EU..?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon_Steven

Reaction score
Anybody know how much Watanabe charges (approx.) for shipping a single knife to an EU destination?

The web site mentions JPY2,600 for worldwide delivery of a 4 knife set... just wondering (roughly) how much one knife might cost.

a few days ago, Sinichi Watanabe wrote me ,that delivery one or two knives about 3,500 jpy

Thanks Vladimir.

I was hoping that it would be less than 2,600.

Maybe that quote is a little out-of-date...

Earlier this year, i indeed paid around JPY3000 for one knife, plus import taxes. Then again, this was to CH..

Not the question asked but what about the Toyama from JNS? Should qualify for free shipping and word on the street suggests a close link with Watanabe.

Not the question asked but what about the Toyama from JNS? Should qualify for free shipping and word on the street suggests a close link with Watanabe.

Yes, but the only Yanagiba by Toyama is 300mm @ £261

Whereas I can buy a Watanabe 270mm (in white) @ £157

Big difference!

Nevertheless, your point is well-taken since VAT at 20 per cent and import duty at 8.5 per cent charged on the item AND shipping for ex-EU knives brings the costs closer together.

Just had a browse of Maksim's yanagibas and unfortunately the suitable and more affordable ones are out of stock.

Back