switching handles...quick fix

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
not sure i would consider this "handiwork" :dontknow:, but thought some would like to see anyway... i popped the original D handle off of a petty and saved it. later slid it on below knife which had a comically small stub. ground some kurouchi off. not a bad little knife, fairly thin behind edge to begin with. keeps a nice edge. somewhat odorous/reactive steel though

BB%20-%201_zpst4dl9xpr.jpg

BB%20-%204_zpsyll1gnae.jpg

BB-6_zpsuulnfcul.jpg

BB-7_zpszej6r3h7.jpg

BB-5_zpsndollkhs.jpg

How is the balance ? Would think it's blade heavy given it only having a stub as opposed to a tang.

How did you remove the original handle off this mini clever?

Pretty cool, thanks for sharing.
thanks!

How is the balance ? Would think it's blade heavy given it only having a stub as opposed to a tang.
i didn't do a great job of describing the work. I meant the stubby handle is a stub. the tang is a rat tail that's folded over at the butt. it was and still is blade heavy: the rat tail tang is fairly insubstantial...very similar to an older nogent style sabatier-
Raoul5_zps27408d10.jpg

How did you remove the original handle off this mini clever?
I used a hacksaw to cut off the folded end, then split the wood with a wood carving chisel.

D handle from petty slid snugly around the tang without modifications.
bit of epoxy and it was ready to go.

Back