Best flat soled non slip clogs/shoes?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labor of love

https://www.teruyasu.net/products/
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having a difficult time finding good clogs that don't have high arches or heels. I think wearing Adidas sambas and skate shoes my whole life has made wearing non slip footwear such as birkenstock professional and danskos to awkward to tolerate. I would really hate to have to keep buying Mozo footwear for work because they don't seem to last. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I use the Birkenstock Bostons, even though they are expensive, they are the best shoe for me, and I have tried a lot of different ones

Sketchers polysomething clogs are like $35 I think? I had a pair about 9 years ago, and they last for almost 2 years. The non-slip sole tread thingy kept trying to peel away in various spots but I'd just super glue them back.

I use shoes for crews slip ons. Inexpensive and i add doctor soles inserts. Sub $50 cad for thé shoes and $20ish for thé insert. They are noneslip basic shoes. My ptices are canadian yours may be slightly cheaper

I use the Birkenstock Bostons, even though they are expensive, they are the best shoe for me, and I have tried a lot of different ones

I just dropped $160 for birkenstock London's and they just aren't for me(arches too high and the cork bed is rock hard) I may just grab shoes for crews but I was hoping for a more high end option. The ones I owned in the past seemed heavy and not very comfortable.

Does the high arch break down over time? My understanding is that the soles conform to your feet over a period of time. My initial impression wasn't good but maybe they just need to be broken in.

What size are you? I have brand new bragard never worn they don't fit and I can't return them because I waited too long

image.jpg

Yea that's exactly what is bad about birks the first week is horrible especially if you have a high arh in your foot like me, but once they are broken in they are like heaven on your feet

I love my Birky London clogs. And yes, you really have to break them in. This may take some time to. I wore mine everywhere for a little while. Not the best fashion statement but oh well...

Don't hate me, but I find my "shoe system" has more than helped with the back issues I was struggling with before. I change shoes once a day at work. I have like 5 pairs of Danskos, 2 pairs of Troentorps and One pair Birk Londons. I like the arch support in all of them, and some have inserts as well. I believe by constantly changing shoes my back is put more to rest, with minimal stress. Whether that's a reality or not simply doesn't matter. I've had extremely terrible back issues in the past, missed a lot of work, was semi immobile for a period of time, yada yada.

I buy all my shoes off eBay. No, not used. Always new. There's usually a new pair for $40 or so popping up from time to time. Hopefully none of you guys wear the same size I do, as I sure don't want to ruin my little bay "secret"

What size are you? I have brand new bragard never worn they don't fit and I can't return them because I waited too long

View attachment 29857
Wow bragard is legit I hear they make nice coats. I like my crocs bistro pros... Usually on sale you can grab two for 50. Important to have two pairs of shoes one day on one day off. The shoes and your back will thank me for that two pair tip.

I just dropped $160 for birkenstock London's and they just aren't for me(arches too high and the cork bed is rock hard) I may just grab shoes for crews but I was hoping for a more high end option. The ones I owned in the past seemed heavy and not very comfortable.
I have the Boston Alpro, and super flat feet, they definately wear in over time. When I break in a new pair I wear them in the morning, and switch back to my old ones later in the day. It usually takes a week or two

ive used mozo's in the past but they are pretty expensive ($130) broke down after about a year and a half. now im wearing Keen's($95) and theyre pretty solid so far. super comfortable.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I decided to just keep the Birki London's instead of returning them. I wore Birki pros for almost 10 years yet somehow I forgot about the breaking in process.

I've used the ol' shoes for crews clogs and they are so bad.

I have a Birki supergrip Tokyo on order which I am excited about. I've tried on a normal-soled Tokyo in a local shop and it is very comfortable. Makes me curious how much better it can get after it breaks in.

Do you guys use normal soles or super grip on your birkis?

Craig I found the Birki cork inserts once broken in are comfortable all day standing. Bought me a pair of Sanita Danish clogs 45. Like to wear them when I go out they have a good arch support. At work used the plastic Birki replaced inserts with cork inserts which you can buy separate.

I've been wearing keen ptc ii for 3+ years now, find them much more comfortable than birkis or danskos . I find a pair will last 8 to 10 months not a long life but more comfortable than anything I've found here in OZ.

I've been wearing keen ptc ii for 3+ years now, find them much more comfortable than birkis or danskos . I find a pair will last 8 to 10 months not a long life but more comfortable than anything I've found here in OZ.
I might have to give those a try Rowan, where do you buy them?
I just ordered some new Birkis, but I'm finding the older I get, the more important good supportive shoes are. I've never really had a problem with Birkis, but this summer my feet have been feeling it.

I might have to give those a try Rowan, where do you buy them?
I just ordered some new Birkis, but I'm finding the older I get, the more important good supportive shoes are. I've never really had a problem with Birkis, but this summer my feet have been feeling it.

I've been buying them from the walking company in Melbourne Huw. I find the keen range of footwear to be standard sizing across styles, so don't mind buying online.

let us know how long it takes for break-in and how painful. i hate new shoes, lol. my current ones (merrell realm moc) are way past expired but they're so perfectly conformed to my feet i'm procrastinating the replacement.

Well they suck for the first 4 days but I am loving them now. Definitely nicer quality then my dansko. They are a soft leather and pretty thin on the top and sides. The only thing I am a little worried about is how long they will hold up. I will keep you posted.

so i should order a pair? yes, durability is definitely a concern of mine. can they handle getting stuff spilled on them and sitting there all day before a proper wipe down?

Back