CANDY STRIPED MACASSAR

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artisan Woods

Reaction score
:razz:RARE Macassar ebony 5 x 2 x 15/16 $30 INCLUDES FREE CONUS SHIPPING.

WOOD IS VERY DENSE , A5 has satin laquer. rare find trust me.. 20151206_094001_HDR_resized.jpg20151206_094227_HDR_resized.jpg

I think this wood would be more desirable if it the blocks were cut with the gain instead of across the grain. Just my opinion.

My comment was just a blanket statement. I think most people would prefer the blocks to be cut with the grain instead of across the grain. I see a few wood suppliers offering blocks cut across the grain and the only reason I can come up with why they are doing this is that the slab may yield more block. I'd rather have less blocks of more desirable wood then more blocks, but again that's just one handle makers opinion.

hi

I agree and understand what your saying about the grain.. I cut music wood often and that's the rule, but on these pieces of wood you would not get the contrast and for that matter on a knife blank maybe get one colored stripe.. So no worries I just saw this was a way to keep all the luxury in these blocks.. 8)

no

Maybe I can get Randy to make a knife handle and put on one of his knives and show.. Then it will make sense.. 8)

Back