Quantcast
need help finding an edc
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need help finding an edc

need help finding an edc

I have the perfect (for me) EDC in this knife, except for the fact that it is the cheapest Chinese made rendition imaginable. Can anyone direct me to a high quality version of this? It has a single blade.

Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Looks like a riff on a Spyderco Ladybug, with a knockoff Mel Pardue blade shape. If you like the proportions, get the Ladybug. Popular for an EDC, especially in office environs where a little knife is a must.
    Last edited by Eamon Burke; 08-23-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: realized you were shopping for something similar. I think the Ladybug is it.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Oh my! Isn't that thing precious?!

Spiderco Sage:

Engorged Member
    Spyderco tenacious at Amazon is 32.00

Thanks, Guys! Looks like Spyderco has what I'm looking for. I just wish that they had a carbon version!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    Spyderco tenacious at Amazon is 32.00
    That one is too big. The ladybug is the right size for my pocket!
    Spike C
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Thanks, Guys! Looks like Spyderco has what I'm looking for. I just wish that they had a carbon version!
    You must be a cook!

You're more likely to find an EDC in H1 than in any carbon steel. Pockets are humid and abrasive.

Carried a CRKT M16-14sf for years. Big and rugged, lightening fast opening. Broke the first 1mm off the tip opening a bluepoint.

If I were to buy another folder, it would probably be an Extrema Ratio MPC or Fulcrum IID.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Spyderco, Benchmade and the other major players are bound to have something that will strike your fancy. I would suggest maybe looking at a mini Griptilian. You can get one online with a 154CM blade for about $80 or for closer to $60 if you are okay with 440C. If you like it and want to upgrade it later, Kevin Wllkins makes a replacement handle for it. I would avoid H1 unless you are playing to join UDT. Not a very good steel for taking and holding a fine edge from what I have been told.

+ Reply to Thread