• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kramer Bread Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolidSnake03

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm interested in possibly buying one of the Z Kramer Bread knives as a gift for Christmas. The person I'm buying for has expressed interest in these and loves the handles but thought I would ask around here for impressions of it. I've used a Tojiro ITK bread knife for a few years now and like it but am curious about the interesting scallop/tooth pattern on the Kramer's.

Any impressions or thoughts would be great.

I have the SG-2 Damascus, I was waiting to do a comparison with my 360 misono before I use it but I could try it up against my typical old Henckels. Was there anything specific you were wondering or wanted to know?

Well I was wondering about its performance against the tojiro itk/Mac bread knife but if you don't have one overall cutting performance would be great.

Just curious how that tooth pattern performs

Wow, this is looking like a soup sandwich.

Snake - you want to buy a knife or talk about buying a knife? No more editing by me from fon .

I'm wondering how the bread knife performs to see if its worth buying over the more usual suspects or if your mostly paying for looks

This thread is messed up, just an FYI I didn't start it but it got moved and some earlier comments were deleted. Here is the original question.

Hey everyone,

I'm interested in possibly buying one of the Z Kramer Bread knives as a gift for Christmas. The person I'm buying for has expressed interest in these and loves the handles but thought I would ask around here for impressions of it. I've used a Tojiro ITK bread knife for a few years now and like it but am curious about the interesting scallop/tooth pattern on the Kramer's.

Last edited:
This thread is messed up, just an FYI I didn't start it but it got moved and some earlier comments were deleted. There are also two threads like a parallel universe.
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/25349-Kramer-Bread-Knife
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/25343-Kramer-Bread-Knife

Here is the original question (I'm not the op)
Hey everyone,

I'll do a quick comparison against my Henckels this weekend. Also see http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/7655-Show-your-newest-knife-buy?p=382603#post382603 from when I got it, and read posts #4932-4950. Here's a pic:
079023FC-76F5-4A14-ACD4-89A0E18E732F_zpshe0sh9py.jpg

Just seems more comfortable to use and I like their scallop design and thinness more than the Kramer which also seems heavy in my hand compared to the Mac. It is certainly not worth 4X as much to me.

It's a nice knife though, I'll be putting it on BST eventually I suspect

If you do a search you'll find a lot about the Tojiro and Mac. Tojiro lacks in F&F OOTB, so would almost definitely need a rehandle. They have different serrations too.

Latest posts

Back