• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mike Davis - Gyuto & Petti - $650 for both knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
For years I have said I would never sell these knives. These two were the knives that got me hooked on using good knives in the kitchen.
But.....current financial needs are more important than a couple kitchen knives.
I want to sell these as a pair. This price is a good deal so please do not make any lower offers. They are priced to sell quickly.

Price is $650 plus the cost of shipping and insurance.
Payment needs to be through Paypal within 24 hours.
I am selling these because I need the money quickly so there are no returns.

Both of these have been daily users for a few years. There will be some scuffs and scrapes from a scotch-brite pad cleaning.
There is no damage on either knife. They have never been abused or used by anyone other than myself.

Both of these knives were made by Mike Davis with handles by Mike Henry.
The Gyuoto has Mike Davis's mark. The Petti does not have a maker's mark. I don't remember the steel type. It is not stainless. The Gyuto has a good hamon.
Neither of these knives have ever been sharpened since I received them so they will need to be touched up.
I am not good at sharpening so I thought it best not to attempt sharpening them.

The petti has a 5 inch stabilized Redwood handle, tip to handle is about 7&5/8 inches and the blade is 1&1/8 inch at the tallest spot.
The gyuto has a 5&1/2 inch stabilized Amboyna handle, tip to handle is about 10 inches and the blade is about 2 inches at the tallest spot.

If you would like to purchase these knives make a post here that says I'll take them.
1st one to post that gets them. Let me know your email address for Paypal and I will send a paypal money request. Wait for the Paypal request before making payment.
After I receive payment there will be a separate request for shipping and insurance.
I can ship these by Priority Mail or Express Mail. I will only charge my actual cost for the shipping.

md%20007_zpstpgxzawp.jpg

md%20008_zpsuasw5ukx.jpg

md%20015_zpskclu2vsa.jpg

md%20014_zps2wwgknk6.jpg

md%20013_zpsbuuaz8pp.jpg

Thank You Lonnie.
I sent a paypal request with priority mail shipping and insurance.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I have a couple loose fitting wood sleeves for these that I will include with the knives.
Not very good looking, but they should help to protect the blades during shipping.

Payment Received.
Thank You for being so fast.
I will ship the knives tomorrow and send you a tracking number.

No problem. Looking forward to these. I promise after the holidays to put some pictures up. I have squired quite a few knives now. Even a few not through this board. I have the knife jones bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back