Quantcast
Cooking with beer!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooking with beer!

Cooking with beer!

I have been on a cooking with beer binge lately. Made a Beer Crust Pizza a couple of weeks ago. Last week I made a Beer Can Chicken.

Steve,

The first link did not work but the second worked fantastically. That beer can chicken looks quite amazing, thanks for sharing.

To say it with Julia: I love cooking with beer, sometimes I even put it into the food

Stefan

I sometimes pour beer diluted with water into the bottom of a broiler pan when cooking chicken thighs or thick pork chops. One my favorite beer based dishes is Carbonnade Flamandes.

Beerbraised shortribs was a huge turning point for me and cooking. I was just amazed that I could cook something that tasted that good. It was one of the Chef Instructers favorite recipes and I was hooked big time. So much that the rest of my time in school was focused on beer and food that on graduation the instructers where asking when I was opening a brew pub.

Beer and food still dominate my food experiences today and I have no intention of ever stopping

I beer my bolognese, the kids love it
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit."

I make chilli with beer, it tastes amazing

Best carne asada I ever had was marinated in and basted with beer.

+1 on the short ribs, DC. I do mine in Porter & Port. Quite yummy!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Sorry about the bad link on the beer pizza. Hopefully this one works.http://www.dfw.com/2011/08/15/494033...eer-crust.html
    Think I am going to do beer brats this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post
    Beerbraised shortribs was a huge turning point for me and cooking. I was just amazed that I could cook something that tasted that good. It was one of the Chef Instructers favorite recipes and I was hooked big time. So much that the rest of my time in school was focused on beer and food that on graduation the instructers where asking when I was opening a brew pub.

Beer and food still dominate my food experiences today and I have no intention of ever stopping
    Will have to try Beer braising some shortribs here when it gets a little cooler.