Cooking with beer!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,

The first link did not work but the second worked fantastically. That beer can chicken looks quite amazing, thanks for sharing.

To say it with Julia: I love cooking with beer, sometimes I even put it into the food :)

Stefan

I sometimes pour beer diluted with water into the bottom of a broiler pan when cooking chicken thighs or thick pork chops. One my favorite beer based dishes is Carbonnade Flamandes.

Beerbraised shortribs was a huge turning point for me and cooking. I was just amazed that I could cook something that tasted that good. It was one of the Chef Instructers favorite recipes and I was hooked big time. So much that the rest of my time in school was focused on beer and food that on graduation the instructers where asking when I was opening a brew pub.

Beer and food still dominate my food experiences today and I have no intention of ever stopping :p

I beer my bolognese, the kids love it :)

Beerbraised shortribs was a huge turning point for me and cooking. I was just amazed that I could cook something that tasted that good. It was one of the Chef Instructers favorite recipes and I was hooked big time. So much that the rest of my time in school was focused on beer and food that on graduation the instructers where asking when I was opening a brew pub.

Beer and food still dominate my food experiences today and I have no intention of ever stopping :p

Will have to try Beer braising some shortribs here when it gets a little cooler.

O.k. Guys, stop teasing. I want recipes and/or pictures.

Stefan

O.k. Guys, stop teasing. I want recipes and/or pictures.

Stefan

Here are a couple of pictures of the Beer pizza crust.

Pizza-31.jpg

Pizza-2.jpg

There are more pictures and recipe here.

And here are a couple of Beer Can Chicken.

beercanchicken-1.jpg

beercanchicken-14.jpg

With more pictures and recipe here.

Foil hat to protect from the black helicopter mind control rays?

Beer battered chicken/shrimp were extremely popular awhile back, makes for a very crunchy yet fluffy texture. I still brine my ribs and whole chickens with it.

Beer battered fish has been a go-to recipe for a long time and for the same reason. Hell, you can even mix beer with Bisquick and come up with a tasty fish batter.
Beer battered chicken/shrimp were extremely popular awhile back, makes for a very crunchy yet fluffy texture. I still brine my ribs and whole chickens with it.

Beer battered fish has been a go-to recipe for a long time and for the same reason. Hell, you can even mix beer with Bisquick and come up with a tasty fish batter.

Bisquick beer batter... Sounds interesting. Might have to give that a try.

Back