• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sukenari G3 "240" wagyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spoiledbroth

Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to see if there was any interest in buying this knife, I want to upgrade to the 270 "forged" version that Koki is now selling which is a bit more expensive, so the funds from this knife would go toward that. I have written a review of this knife and you can see it here (there are photos which are about a month and a half old, knife has been a drawer queen in that time).

It is in good condition having been sharpened 6 or 7 times (only once or twice on low grit) by me (second owner). Handle is in good shape too. I really like this knife, you can see my thoughts in the review, however, I suspect the forged knife will be as good if not better and I want to try a 270.

Reason I am selling is that I hate having "too many things" and would really like to grab the "forged" knife while it is around (even thicker at the spine!) So a combination of lack of funds, want for a new shiney shiney and minimalism. You never know when/if certain knives will appear again.

Price is 120USD in Canada, 130USD to US/Int. Ships in original box with tip protector wrapped in anti-corrosive paper and a piece of Japanese newspaper (how I got it).

Thanks for looking.

:yammer:

bump. 130USD to us/international. Great gyuto. Didn't find any decent homes locally (one bartender wanted to use it to "chop watermelons")

looking for a good home.

pic repost:
HMGcI7j.jpg

Td75Jb0.jpg

W1mfTYu.jpg

I9obvQL.jpg

- heel to tip length: ~231mm
- blade height @ heel: 50mm
- width of spine @ heel: 2.6mm
- weight: ~182g
- construction: hou wood/buffalo horn octagonal handle, Hitachi Ginsanko clad in SUS405
- ~61-62 HRC

You should have let the bartender purchase it to chop watermelons, I'm sure it's robust enough it could handle it given with the other Sukenari knife was subjected to in that one thread (tin can, parm wheel, chicken bones). GLWS

lol. without shaming the guy, when I explained how many inches 232mm was he asked "why so big? to chop watermelons with?" guess it was supposed to be a gallagher joke (or am I joking now?). I wanted him to know what the knife should and shouldnt be used for (bones, frozen) and that was his response. Someone worked hard to make this knife!! I want it to have a good long life, but I wanted to try a 270 :D

to be honest I'm almost on the fence about selling it's rare I find a knife that actually meets my ocd criteria for a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back