Quick: best knife for $150

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm angry, frustrated and need to feel better! Need to buy a knife!

Give me your Best Buy for $150, no other restrictions!

I'll buy one of the recommendations coming in in the next hour.

Go!

The winning recommendation gets a beer, coffee or bourbon in NYC (round trip not included!)

I would just pick one of the Itinomonn knives (a few fit your price range) - I would probably go with that 210mm suji Kurouchi.

9 dollar and change over $150 but worth it - ITINOMONN STAINLESS KASUMI 210MM

Right now I'd say the Kramer essentials 8" chef knife as it's on promo

Takamura r2 180 or 210 mm gyuto with exchange rate at fine japanese knives is just under by a smidge, amazing cutter's 1.6mm thick at the spine on the 210 1/5 on the 180, cuts like a scalpal, probably the worlds thinnest production san mai, cool red pakka handle. Otherwise I'd buy a masakage yuki kamagata, just to be different

Takamura r2 180 or 210 mm gyuto with exchange rate at fine japanese knives is just under by a smidge, amazing cutter's 1.6mm thick at the spine on the 210 1/5 on the 180, cuts like a scalpal, probably the worlds thinnest production san mai, cool red pakka handle. Otherwise I'd buy a masakage yuki kamagata, just to be different
bro what the hell? These Americans have the pick of the litter when it comes to vendors!! I'm blaming you for the lack of haruyuki in stock at fjk !!!

So it's going to be one of the Itinomonns, the Suien Cleaver or the Takamura R2...

Decision will be made tonight over a Bourbon or two. (Basil Hayden vs EH Taylor)

The Tanaka blue is out... I forgot that I have a 210 Kuruouchi in blue #2 (no kidding!)

Couldn't reach Butch or find a Harner anywhere, so that has to wait.

Feel free to influence my decision LOL

Ah, I forgot about the Takamura. It have one of those too. It has my vote.

Sorry, late to the party, but just in case, my vote is TADAFUSA Gyuto Knife 210mm SLD Steel Blade Knife at aframestokyo ($99)

interesting that you don't see that vg-5 steel hardly at all in other knives in the market. for the uninitiated tamahagne is the company san is the line of knives :)

Shun EDO, 7'' Santoku. Solid whole VG10, tall blade, nice f&f, sturdy knife.

Back