Christmas** Gift Sets For Sale - Reservation

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, there are afterisks after Christmas, as I won't be able to deliver these in time for opening them on Christmas day.

My heat treating oven went out in the most inopportune time - so I am just starting heat treating the blanks today (((

So here is what I can offer

I will have

4 x 150mm petty
4 x 180mm nakiri
4 x 225mm gyuto
4 x 250-285mm suji
4 x 70mm paring

These are priced at $1.5/mm if purchased 2+ with cocobolo or ziricote handles as standard option, or $1.65/mm if purchasing one knife. I also offer wood upgrade, at 20% discount on the wood but that would push the delivery time by 3 weeks, as that what it takes to get it back from stabilizing. This batch of wood has some spectacular koa, amboyna, thuya, mazur birch, buckeye and other choices. Blocks will be priced to market (AA to AAAA quality)

These knives will be thin convex ground and will come with octagonal handles. Masamoto-derived profile. I will produce a video to demonstrate the performance side by side with S-grind. So far, I am pretty pleased how the convex grind performs.

AEB-L is 62RC hard.

If interested, please post here and email me to reserve your sets. These are offered on first-come-first-served basis.

Thank you.

Marko

PS: I also offer these without handles, please contact me if you are interested in just the blades.

What type of handles will they parers have?

What type of handles will they parers have?

These will be octagonal with ground radiuses. I can do a metal spacer or a white contrasting spacer.

Knives that are not reserved, will go on the web site or I will send them to Australian partner.

Thanks.

If I were to reserve a nakiri and a petty, what would the price difference be on adding amboyna? Or buckeye?

If I were to reserve a nakiri and a petty, what would the price difference be on adding amboyna? Or buckeye?

I can't tell the prices off the bat, as there are several blocks of each type, however these will be priced comparable to other vendors' stuff, and will be priced to market. 20% discount on the blocks is still on the table, if going the custom wood route.

I will produce a video to demonstrate the performance side by side with S-grind. So far, I am pretty pleased how the convex grind performs.

I've been interested in a knife from you, Marko, for a long time (S-grind probably), so such a video a will be highly appreciated!

Marko, are you confirming the orders in this post still? Just want to make sure I am OK with my order.

I've been interested in a knife from you, Marko, for a long time (S-grind probably), so such a video a will be highly appreciated!

I will produce it in the next few days, just a plate full at the moment and don't have a good camera for the job. I will do a convex and S grind side by side.

Any update on these?

I heat treated the blades, and will start grinding them. Wood won't be back from stabilizing for 2-3 more weeks, so by then I should have all blades ground and polished, just the handle remaining.

If you want the send your own woods or use the stock (cocobolo or ziricote), that would speed up things, however, the stabilizing has to be done by K&G, or another reputable company.

Thanks,
M

I will produce it in the next few days, just a plate full at the moment and don't have a good camera for the job. I will do a convex and S grind side by side.

Marko, any idea if you'll be able to produce such a video in the near time?

Marko, any idea if you'll be able to produce such a video in the near time?

I was planning to get a better camera, but that fell through. I will do it with my crappy phone camera this weekend.

M

I'd love a Nakiri! Put me down for one, if you're still taking orders. Will be emailing you too!

I a working on those right now, but I am doing in batches, rather than one at a time. I should have several ready in about a week.

Marko

Back