This SUCKS!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
DSCN0031.jpgDSCN0032.jpg
Thats right, this SUCKS!

I purchased a new dust collector in March and it has occupied a space on my floor ever since. I finally got tired of seeing it there a contracted with a company to install the piping. I hung the cyclone yesterday and they did the rest today.

5 hp Baldor motor with 3000 cfm.

Did I mention it SUCKS!?

Also, today is my grandsons 10th birthday and my repaired Nikon will finally get back home. Just cost $400 for the repairs. All in all, a pretty good day.

LOL. I thought that you were going to tell us that the collection bin caught fire or something like that.

Fantastic system! That should really make life nice in the shop.

Glad the sucker is doing it's job!!:tooth:

It must feel good to get your camera back, even if it cost 3 or 4 boards!!:eek2:

How loud is that thing?

Surprisingly, not as loud as the one it replaced. The older one had 2300 cfm and was much louder. I believe since the new one has a pleated filter with a muffler inside, the noise level has been reduced.

What I was surprised with was I can now use four woodworking machines at the same time with this new cyclone running. Using 8" and 6" main run piping has lessened the resistance in the air flow and is making the system more efficient.

Haha! The first thing I thought was "Damn, more bad luck for David!" Nice set-up!

That is one heck of shop! Awesome space. I can see how the dust collector might suck.

Just don't be one of those guys that gets the vacuum hose "accidentally" attached to his johnson, it looks like that one could cause some serious damage. With the size of that vacuum, you'd never even make it to the Emergency Room.

Beautiful shop. At $2+ per square foot, I can only dream about having that much space. And there seems to be less dust in the whole place than there is under my work table alone right now, I really need to clean up....

Stefan

Stefan,
You just need to get a new job in the research triangle.

Stefan,
You just need to get a new job in the research triangle.

Try for Wake Forest. Close by, terrific college and you could share shop space here.

Trying out the repaired camera so here is a better photo of the dust collection system.

DSC_0107.jpg

During the repair I purchased a Nikon Coolpix 4100. Nice camera but the D5000 ruined me and I just can't go back to the 4100. I'
ll give it to my wife.

Latest posts

Back