Best price for ZKramer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing some of the Carbon ZKramers for a friend of mine, they arent available in Australia that I can find, but was wondering if anyone knows who has them for the best price in the US. I don't mind waiting if there are any good post Christmas sales.
The knives I'm interested in are the Parer, petty, 8inch chef and the slicer.

Thanks in advance

Not sure how it compares, but the Zwilling site sells them here at what looks to be a decently discounted price.

Cheers

sorry missed the size part, but most are available

I would have said cutlery and more when they had the 20% off every thing sale.. But I think everyone is after the 8 inch chefs knife after cooks illustrated rated it as the best knife so it will hard to find that one outside of the rrp price

The prices currently at CutleryandMore.com are the same as at the Zwilling site. I'd wait till after Christmas and New Year to see if cutleryandmore has another 20% off sale. I seem to recall last year they did. If not, there's always next year. Good luck!

Sur la Table usually has 20% of coupons. Seems to be priced the same as cutleryandmore.

I'm looking for the 8 inch carbon myself and I have tried all of their 1 item 20% coupons codes but none of them apply to the Kramer .. Only free shipping within the USA ... Bed bath and beyond has a 20% one item code but in store use only

ynot1985, you are correct. SLT got smart and stopped allowing coupons on ZK recently, as I was able to buy mine using a coupon code back in September.

Might you find a 10 more easily?

I have just got a 10 in stainless - brilliantly sized on a pinch grip

You got the ZK Essential 10 chef we discussed in the other thread? You're liking it so far?

We had a similar situation in Canada. They stopped importing them because of too many returns due to the scales, rivets, etc. and can't be found anywhere, although there is an 8" chef at my local store last time I was there (looks like the scales were shrinking though). When I got mine (the first time) the msrp was $500 CAD. I paid $365 all in which was a good deal. I found some vendor info online which has now been pulled that indicated the cost was $225, with a similar markup on Demeyere, Staub, Miyabi, etc. That just shows what sort of deals there are.

During the C&M sale for 20% off I paid just shy of $280 USD. If the exchange rate didn't suck so bad it'd be a similar deal to when I first got.

During the C&M sale for 20% off I paid just shy of $280 USD. If the exchange rate didn't suck so bad it'd be a similar deal to when I first got.

I feel your pain.. I think both our currencies have very similar value patterns in the last few years. thank god its holding okay against the Yen

You got the ZK Essential 10 chef we discussed in the other thread? You're liking it so far?

Sure did, lovin' it :)

Looks small next to a bit of root veg eh?

I've given it a lick on the 6K stone and it's uber sharp

2015%252520-%2525201.jpg

Typically 52100 Kramers don't have discount, but cutlery and more had 20% for all kramers on black friday. You can call they and ask if they can still give you that discount.

I've also been looking for the 52100 Kramer.... what about the handle shrinkage - how much does it really shrink?

The 10" I recently got from cutlery & more is perfect. The one I had earlier had shrinkage around the rivets and I've also heard that scales shrink exposing the tang.

The knife is still usable but, would the scales be covered under warranty? Also, do you think the 10" is too big?

Was your previous one an 8" or 6" or another 10?
First one was also a 10", I got it here in Canada.

The knife is still usable but, would the scales be covered under warranty? Also, do you think the 10" is too big?
Hwnckels Canada said it was covered so I returned it thinking I had a hookup for the ZK LE2 for cheap. The 52100 are discontinued in Canada, so when that fell thru I had to get from USA. To be honest if there's a problem again I'd see if I could have Dave Martell rehandle it for me with something interesting. I don't find the 10" to be too big, I like the flat spot

Back