Hello from PA

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deker

Reaction score
Hey folks, my name is Rob but everybody calls me Deker. I made my first knife about 5 years ago and my production has been low, but I keep at it when I can. Recently I've been making more damascus than knives, but I'm hoping to shift back the other direction for a bit soon.

Thanks for the new forum Dave, like I needed someplace else to spend my time that's not in the shop :)

-d

Hey Decker, you must be pretty close to Butch.

Yeah, pics or it didn't happen.

Thanks for the welcome wagon guys! Butch is actually about 10 minutes from me, so I get to see a lot of stuff before you guys do :)

I haven't been making many knives recently, so I'll trot out some old pictures from the archives.

First was from my very first billet of Damascus.

DSC02851sm.jpg

Something a little different I did with some Gemsbok horn.

DSC04642sm.jpg

A bowie I did a while back

IMG_3280_001.JPG

I've got a website where I discuss the way I go about making my damascus for anybody who wants to learn about the process. I'm a little behind in my adding info to the site, but I hope to get back on adding content soon.

See you guys around the forum! :)

-d

Deker, you know that I'm going to say that this Bowie kicks ass, right? :)

I like the others too but damn - that Bowie is eyecandy. I love your damascus.

Deker, you know that I'm going to say that this Bowie kicks ass, right? :)

I like the others too but damn - that Bowie is eyecandy. I love your damascus.

Thanks Dave! That was the bowie I mentioned that I traded for an anvil. ;)

It was a neat one to do. The steel was something like 13 layers but was twisted as a 1 1/2" bar which is a REAL PITA without power equipment for twisting. I did that billet at a demonstration a few years ago and it took 3 of us to get it twisted.

-d

Back