just for fun

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alwayssharp

Reaction score
Today I used my giant wood chopping knife to prep a yellowtail side.

Not very refined, but the yellowtail stood no chance against the 34 oz knife.

Weight made it very quick, it was like there was no bone or skin.

I've owned a few battle mistress in my day, nice Busse. I miss my NMFBM most of all.

You're the man now, dog!

2lsze50.jpg

Seriously though, badass!

There's a knife popular among fish butchers in Japan with a similar edge profile to your Busse knives. Maybe it's not such a crazy idea. Great looking fish too

TG is much better at fish breakdown than the battle mistress for sure.

I almost want to say the TG is as fast as a deba.

Those are totally awesome Busse's. Gorgeous work on the scales. Is that layered micarta?

What I wouldn't give to afford a 6 inch blade. Still, I don't feel so radical around here now with *cough* cheapo RAT 7, Beckers, and Enzo Trappers.

should i be worried that i recognized that knife? :)

sweet sweet chopper.

i did an entire meal with a Scandi grind bushcraft knife and kinda hated it. fun..very fun, but boy was it "wedgy" my onion dices were comical. cutting up wild turkey, BETTER.

I think it's fun to use various knives for various tasks.

Most often I'll use the team gemini for hamachi and large tuna. Until I get my deba ;)

TG is much better at fish breakdown than the battle mistress for sure.

I almost want to say the TG is as fast as a deba.

Nice collection!

Are the scales highly textured, with grooves running horizontally across?
I can't tell if they are or if it's just a visual effect from the layered material.

On another note, what are the gyuto and suji?

Are the scales highly textured, with grooves running horizontally across?
I can't tell if they are or if it's just a visual effect from the layered material.

I can answer this since I own the same knife with g10 scales. They are textured but to not the point it would bother anyone. In fact if people prefer linen micarta (the other scale option on this knife) its because it feels warmer and less like plastic.

Here is a pic of my Black/Tan G10
ZmHC9EK.jpg

Here is a pic of my Black/Tan G10
ZmHC9EK.jpg

Thank you!

It looked (to my eyes) as though the flat sections had much harsher edges, but from that angle it's clearly a visual effect of the different colored layers.

The gyuto is konosuke fujiyama. I think blue... not sure.
Yanagiba is yohishiri.

It was ridiculous how easy the Busse TG handled the octopus.

This knife won't even chip on dimes....

reminds me of a warcraft character, 'I can cut through armor, and still cut a tomato!'.

Back