January sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mark - you have to subscribe to BloodRoot and every 1st Monday of the Month they sell knives that they have finished in between all the custom work they are doing. Just go to the BloodRoot home page join their email list.

http://www.bloodrootblades.com/

Here was the Jan email (pasted below):

The latest news from Bloodroot Blades

17c72894-8914-4eea-8492-dd2301d79790.jpg

[h=1]It's all different now!![/h]Well, not really that different. A little different.

If you got my email on Friday, you will know that we have changed our monthly sale protocols. That's why you are getting this email from me at 11:00am EST rather than noon. But don't freak out. You haven't missed a thing. At the end of this letter, I am going to include a special link that will take you to our monthly sale, which goes live today at noon.

But first, I will reiterate the parameters of our new monthly sales. Or, if you didn't get my email on Friday, I will explain what the heck I'm talking about.

The New Shenanigans:

On the first Monday of each month (today),

1. You will receive a letter from me at 11:00am EST. Which just happened.
  2. At the end of that letter will be a link.
  3. At 11:00am, that link will go nowhere.
  4. BUT AT NOON THAT LINK WILL EXPLODE INTO LIFE.
  5. Really, it will "go live," as they say, and take you to our new sale page on our website, which is only accessible to you, dear reader (!).
  6. On our sale page, you will see the pictures and descriptions of our available knives for that month, along with a form at the top of the page that you will use to submit your request. After you click "Submit," you are done.
  7. The sale is still first come first serve, determined by the time stamps on your submissions. I will begin responding to you at 2:30pm EST to let you know whether you got the knife of your choice. I hope that you do!
So, no longer are you replying to an email that shows up in your inbox at noon. Now, you are receiving a link that shows up in your inbox at 11:00am EST, and that link, at noon, will take you to our sale page. Cool? Cool.

So, without further ado, here is the link to this month's sale: Bloodroot Blades January Sale

You can click it now, and it will take you to a dead page, But at noon, if you refresh that page or click the link, you will be taken right to the sale and be able to see all the pretty knives we have for you this month. I hope we can get you something!

And, if you have a Google Calendar and would like to add this event to it (and set a five minute reminder for yourself), click here:

Finally, we would love to hear feedback. What do think of this new sale format? Just reply to this email and let us know or write us a note here.

Thank you for your continued support! We sure love what we do, and we are so thankful that you help us continue doing what we love.

With gratitude,
Katy for Bloodroot

___
The small print:

Only submissions sent through the new sale page will be considered. Replies to this email will be invalid. I will begin responding to your submissions at 2:30pm to let you know if you got the knife you want. If you are first to a knife, I will automatically send you an invoice.

Our preferred method of payment is Paypal, but personal checks are also welcome. Once we receive payment, we will ship the knife via USPS within two business days. (We charge $9 for shipping and handling within the US. If you live outside of the US, we will cover 50% of the international shipping costs. Please let us know at the time of your order whether you have an international address).

Transactions not completed within 24 hours of your receipt of the invoice will be cancelled, and the knife will be made available to the next purchaser. We will extend this deadline for those of you who would rather use personal checks.

As is the case with all our knives, our normal guarantee and service commitments apply. To learn more, please follow this link.

[h=3]Follow us on Facebook | Join us on Instagram[/h][h=4]Copyright © 2016 Bloodroot Blades, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you signed up for the Bloodroot Blades newsletter. If at any point you would prefer to not get our newsletter, just let us know and we'll gladly remove you

Our mailing address is:[/h][h=4]Bloodroot Blades[/h][h=4]315 Old Edwards Rd.[/h][h=4]Arnoldsville, GA 30619[/h][h=4]Add us to your address book[/h][h=4]unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

[/h]

Haha, I'm an idiot. I wasn't paying attention to what sub-forum this was in. Yeah I'm subcribed to their email. Have been for a while now actually, and it's torture! Their stuff sells so quickly I don't even try. I did put my name back on their waiting list though, heck I might be up this year. My plan is to see they'll do a play on a Masamato KS profile...

This was the first one I tried, usually I'm not at my desk.

I added my name to the wait list, after all it's a 39 month wait, plenty of time to decide what I want;).

I agree. When I put myself on their list (for 2 knives) the quoted wait was 24 months (give or take) - I think I have a little more than a year to go.

My first knife took was quoted to take 6 months before finished. Six months later I received an email saying it was done, with a picture included. This was like 3 years ago I think, so keep that in mind.
When I received the knife it wasn't exactly what I had expected. I posted a pic on the "show your newest..." thread with a comment about how I was pleased, just not super pleased (something like that).
The next day I got an email from Luke apologizing and explaining how he misread his notes. At the time they weren't members here, but they still perused.
Luke asked if he could fix it, and let me hold onto the original until he was done. One to two months later, new knife was in my hands.
Moral of the story: these 2 guys are Gentlemen, and they've certainly earned their spot through more ways than one.

You have to be pretty darn passionate to walk away from a PhD 4yrs in to pursue knife making. I got lucky and the exact knife I have been wanting from them was posted in the BST section.

No worries - I assumed you were already on the list since I believe you have a fillet knife from them ... I've been on a year now so just another short 16 months to go :eek2: but I'm very sure it will be worth it ... I will likely be looking for a sort of all purpose/line or board suji ... may get two though ... haven't told the misses about the other one :wink:

Haha, I'm an idiot. I wasn't paying attention to what sub-forum this was in. Yeah I'm subcribed to their email. Have been for a while now actually, and it's torture! Their stuff sells so quickly I don't even try. I did put my name back on their waiting list though, heck I might be up this year. My plan is to see they'll do a play on a Masamato KS profile...

Lame! I didn't receive the emIl this month😢 I'll just try and resubscribe.

Back