Hi! Total newbie here!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatonebitch

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm Kerry and I'm soooo glad I found this place! I've been a cook and foodie for a long time but being a single mom, have never had room in my budget for any amazing knives. I've been lucky enough to find some mid range wusthof and henkcels knives at thrift stores and some antique/vintage pieces I've fallen in love with. What brings me here is two things. The very first time I ever used a perfectly sharpened knife, I was hooked. So, I'm chasing that monkey. Lol And, I got super lucky and scored a huge cardboard box full of antique and vintage butchery tools at an auction for $5. Hidden in there was a beautiful cleaver from the late 1800's based on my research. Ebayed it for enough that I told myself I could keep all the rest. Since I love knives and learning random stuff, I plan on learning to totally restore what's left. Thanks in advance for the help!

Welcome Kerry, and yes once you figure out how to post some pictures would love to see what you found. I do think there is a sticky thread on how to post pictures.

A bit delayed, but welcome to the forums! You'll definitely find an enthusiastic community here to identify your vintage goodies:)

Welcome! Thrift store finds are the best. I got my 50 year old carbon meat cleaver that way for 1 euro; it didn't look like much but works like a charm (especially after applying some tenderloving care to it). The best thing is that no matter what you do, even if you screw up it never cost you any real money...

Back