Rodrigue Knives, a little gallery...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
I thought I would post a few pictures of some of my recent work, I don't always get pictures of everything I make, but here are some. Some will be familiar to you guys...

P1000614.jpg

P1000616.jpg

P1000617.jpg

chefs1.jpg

hybrid2.jpg

Picture1075.jpg

Picture1073.jpg

Picture937.jpg

Picture934.jpg

Picture933.jpg

Picture1410.jpg

Picture1351.jpg

Picture1306.jpg

Picture1301.jpg

Picture1012.jpg

Picture1018.jpg

Picture1016.jpg

Picture865.jpg

Picture283.jpg

I just love your work, Pierre. Especially the top one gyuto, the scimitar like boning knife with the grey handle and the fillet knife looks spectacular, but I find it absolutely impossible to pick a favourite amongst these beauties. Congrats to all the new owners of these wonderful pieces of art. I just can't wait to see what you are up to next. :)

DARkhOeK

Great to have you here Pierre :)

Nice knives, but not even close to those you have in progress :p

The wood is stabilized spalted maple burl.

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like them. :D

Pierre,

Great looking knives. That one knife looks very familiar. I was using it this week in my kitchen and I must say, I love the thing.

-Chuck

Rick,

The 240 suji with the 3 silver spacers was a custom I ordered from Pierre. I requested that it be a little taller then a normal suji and figured it would make a great line knife. Now I have it and love it. The edge retention is great, it takes a great edge, and there is enough knuckle clearance to use it for all kinds of tasks. My only minor regret is getting a 240 (don't get me wrong, I love the knife) but I mainly use 270's.

-Chuck

Rick,

The 240 suji with the 3 silver spacers was a custom I ordered from Pierre. I requested that it be a little taller then a normal suji and figured it would make a great line knife. Now I have it and love it. The edge retention is great, it takes a great edge, and there is enough knuckle clearance to use it for all kinds of tasks. My only minor regret is getting a 240 (don't get me wrong, I love the knife) but I mainly use 270's.

-Chuck

Beautiful knife, Chuck. I've asked Pierre to make me a sujihiki, and I'm trying to get some ideas for handles. That mosaic pin in the butt looks to be a nice touch.

Beautiful knife, Chuck. I've asked Pierre to make me a sujihiki, and I'm trying to get some ideas for handles. That mosaic pin in the butt looks to be a nice touch.
Yeah, that's a great looking knife. I'm dying to get a suji to go with the gyuto he did for me, doesn't feel right just having the one!

Ok, a pair of pairing knives paired...

First, a 4 1/2" sheepsfoot blade of CPM 154, 416 stainless bolsters
Stabilized maple burl scales with mosaic pins
black and white vulcanized fiber spacers
and just to be a pita to myself, I mortised them.
Picture1536.jpg

Picture1540.jpg

Second, a 4" blade, traditionaly shaped
same construction as above, but with Honduran Rosewood.
Picture1537.jpg

And the pair of parers paired...
Picture1538.jpg

Picture1539.jpg

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoy them!!

Beautiful, both of them. I love Hond. rosewood, and the shape is more what I am used to, so this would be my personal preference, but the redwood one is also excellent.

Glad you like 'em!! The liners are a chore, but worth it. It's tedious when they are so small, not quite the same as a 300 suji!

The origional 3 blades are ground, and HTed. So, hard to change now. But if you want to change PT me and we can talk.

Pierre: stick to the plan on the first batch :)
Hopefully they turned out like we wanted :)

This one is reminiscent of the Sabitier chef knife, the bolster is tucked closer to the handle, so no issues with stones.

Specs:

50mm high at the heel

250mm cutting edge

2.5mm spine at the bolster

1.5mm mid spine

.8mm 1 inch from the tip, give or take of course... :laugh:

CPM 154 @ hrc 62, very slightly convex ground hand rubbed finish

Nickel/silver bolsters

3/16" hidden pins, and a simple center mosaic

Scales are cocobolo

Hope you like it!!

Pierre

Picture1572.jpg

Picture1573.jpg

Awesome work again!
Loving the sleek look of the blade!

CPM154 @ HRC 61-62, Mokume Gane bolster, black vulcanized fiber spacers, center mosaic pin, exhibition desert ironwood burl scales.
Picture1585.jpg

Picture1586.jpg

Picture1587.jpg

Picture1588.jpg

Picture1589.jpg

Ut-oh, there is an irregularity in the line just below the bolster!

I think that must be one of the most perfect westerns i've ever seen. The profile, the mokume bolster, the ironwood, simply stunning. Everything about it seems just perfect.

I think i need to start saving my pennies.

Latest posts

Back