Quantcast
Rodrigue Knives, a little gallery...
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 185

Thread: Rodrigue Knives, a little gallery...

  1. #1

    Rodrigue Knives, a little gallery...

    I thought I would post a few pictures of some of my recent work, I don't always get pictures of everything I make, but here are some. Some will be familiar to you guys...






























    Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

  2. #2
    I just love your work, Pierre. Especially the top one gyuto, the scimitar like boning knife with the grey handle and the fillet knife looks spectacular, but I find it absolutely impossible to pick a favourite amongst these beauties. Congrats to all the new owners of these wonderful pieces of art. I just can't wait to see what you are up to next.

    DARkhOeK

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,932
    Beautiful work, Pierre. What wood is this sujihiki handle?


  4. #4
    Great to have you here Pierre

    Nice knives, but not even close to those you have in progress :P

  5. #5
    The wood is stabilized spalted maple burl.

    Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like them.


    Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Newport Beach
    Posts
    495
    Pierre,

    Great looking knives. That one knife looks very familiar. I was using it this week in my kitchen and I must say, I love the thing.

    -Chuck

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck239 View Post
    Pierre,

    Great looking knives. That one knife looks very familiar. I was using it this week in my kitchen and I must say, I love the thing.

    -Chuck
    Chuck, which one is yours?

    Rick

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Newport Beach
    Posts
    495
    Rick,

    The 240 suji with the 3 silver spacers was a custom I ordered from Pierre. I requested that it be a little taller then a normal suji and figured it would make a great line knife. Now I have it and love it. The edge retention is great, it takes a great edge, and there is enough knuckle clearance to use it for all kinds of tasks. My only minor regret is getting a 240 (don't get me wrong, I love the knife) but I mainly use 270's.

    -Chuck

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck239 View Post
    Rick,

    The 240 suji with the 3 silver spacers was a custom I ordered from Pierre. I requested that it be a little taller then a normal suji and figured it would make a great line knife. Now I have it and love it. The edge retention is great, it takes a great edge, and there is enough knuckle clearance to use it for all kinds of tasks. My only minor regret is getting a 240 (don't get me wrong, I love the knife) but I mainly use 270's.

    -Chuck
    Beautiful knife, Chuck. I've asked Pierre to make me a sujihiki, and I'm trying to get some ideas for handles. That mosaic pin in the butt looks to be a nice touch.

  10. #10
    Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Beautiful knife, Chuck. I've asked Pierre to make me a sujihiki, and I'm trying to get some ideas for handles. That mosaic pin in the butt looks to be a nice touch.
    Yeah, that's a great looking knife. I'm dying to get a suji to go with the gyuto he did for me, doesn't feel right just having the one!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •