• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MARKO TSOURKAN DAMASCUS 250 GYUTO, KOA WESTERN & KOA SAYA

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marc4pt0

Reaction score
This was bought as a "I'll never sell this one", but it is a New Year, I have too many knives, and I want to try so many more.

This is a 250mm Marko Tsourkan Carbon "ladder" Damscus gyuto with brass bolster, koa handle and koa saya. Features Marko's "S" grind, and certainly is a fantastic cutter.
It measures at 247 on edge, and just over 55mm height at the heel. It has some patina on it, but I can certainly polish it off if requested.

Looking for $1350 which includes paypal and priority shipping CONUS. If outside US we can discuss shipping costs.

I will also consider partial trade for a Marko AEB-L gyuto around 240mm to 250mm, or perhaps a W-2 as well

I got to paw over this knife earlier today -- it's a beauty!

It's everything good about a western-handled Marko, kicked up with the damascus steel, koa handle and koa saya.

Wow, that is fantastic! Really a beautiful blade. Hoping someone picks this up quickly, I'm so tempted...

Crap, the longer this one stays up here, the more I'm not wanting it to sell.
Let's give this another trade option: something with a chevron damascus in the 225 to 250mm range.

Such a beauty. I would be use that very carefully indeed if I owned it

The saya is on the same level too :)

I'm surprised as well.

It may be to soon after the holidays still.

Only twelve hunnit?!?! Wow this guy is truly gorgeous. Seen this in person and pictures do no justice. That saya tho.... Insane. Yall sleepin on this yo

Sadly, no. What a shocking disappointment.

Guess I should've bought $40,000 worth of tickets from what I understand.

^^^Hmmmm....

No, Larry, I did not have the winning ticket like I had planned. Apperently somebody else was thinking they had it as well. ... ^^^

Did Marko make the damascus, or is it some of John Thomas' work?

may i ask how much use the knife has seen and if it has been sharpened before?

Thanks!

I have used the knife very little actually. The reason being is I just rotate through a lot of knives. Even when I do use them at work they see little action. I spend my time more managing then actually prepping/cooking these days. On days where I am indeed knee deep in heavy prep I have a core set that I mainly use. Ones that I don't mind beating up on.
I have sharpened the knife twice since I've had it. The first time was just on the JKI 6k diamond stone to revive the edge and "open it up" some. The second time was after I polished the damascus, and that sharpening consisted of the JKI 1k & 6k diamond setup.
I've also regularly applied mineral oil to both the handle and saya to keep them looking pristine.

I still can't believe this is here... it pains me everytime i look at this thread and know i can't afford it right now.

Can't believe no one has snapped this up. I need more money....

earlier on you mentioned you'd entertain trades? or are you just shooting for outright sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back