Quantcast
Irene
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irene

Irene

Did all our members on the East coast survive?

I hope everybody is ok

Every store is still close and no public transportation so far in NYC, but i'm okay here. Irene got downgraded to category 1 and tropical storm. My friend in Westchester, NY got a flood in her area though thanks for your concern Oivind.

I fared relatively well. Probably $400-500 worth of damage from flooding, but could have been much worse. We didn't lose electricity or telephone service.

We got about 10" of rain and a good number of trees was toppled over.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I'm glad you're okay Marko, sorry for the damaged though ....

Good to hear you are all ok, guys. She really looked like a cranky ***** when approaching land. Luckily she calmed down before that.

DarKHOeK

my restaurants still closed but I can't get in to see if we're flooded. No subway service from Jamaica right now. My house is fine a little peeled paint.
    Glad everyone else is okay.

You guys in NYC dodged a bullet. If that storm had been pushing a big enough surge to flood any of the subway tunnels in lower Manhattan, it could have been bad for many weeks or months trying to sort through all of that old wiring and such.

Hell..some of those subway lines flood if a big dog pisses down a ventilation grate. I recall the #7 being paritcularly tempermental.
    From the reports I got, it wasn't so bad. I got a couple of puddles in the basement.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

LMAO. I'm not sure what is funnier, the idiots running around the streets or the weatherman trying to feign indignation instead of cracking up while trying not to get blown over. Note that there is not a single hair out of place even though the wind is blowing at 30-40 knots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post