Unbranded PM wa-gyuto alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://m.ebay.com/itm/262040910835?_mwBanner=1

An interesting find I thought. Looks very similar to the SRS15 wa-gyutos that have recently hit the market. Narrower tip maybe? Hard to tell. Would be a total steal at $216 if of similar quality. Buyer beware but someone should get this and report back :whistling:

rh8pzp.jpg

rcq5fp.jpg

PS mods: figured the ebay link was okay because it's to a "buy now," not an auction. Sorry if incorrect!

I thought this was rumored to be a akifusa

I bought last year Ryusen Blazen gyuto 24cm, from a European seller, o will not tell which one, for 222 euros, and if that seller has more, then if you are a European, it or not that good deal. New Blazen is very very thin over the edge as well

its honmamon they are legit they do sell the damascus r2 which I believe is confirmed to be a tanaka knife made with seriously reduced f&f for a home market, the tang is also pretty short if I recall the old thread.

This isn't really a new knife it's been up since the damascus r2 was posted about at kkf (the honmamon version).

If it's akifusa then it's probably a steal, the choil "easing" looks pretty promising! The handle looks to be of quite good quality too.

it had appeared BEFORE I became aware of the akifusa wa at EE, so I couldn't for the life of me figure out if it was a rebranded knife or just an $300 OEM gamble I'm not willing to take.

Without knowing dimensions or anything it's hard to say but I gotta agree with you they do look very similar!

Back