3 Larger Cutting Boards for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
These 3 boards are a bit larger than the previous ones. These are meant to be used as portable cutting boards and possibly as a serving board.

If you want one or both of these make a post here in this thread that says something like "I'll take #....". Posting here in the thread instead of pm or email will help prevent any misunderstandings. Payment needs to be with paypal within 24 hours. If you are getting one or both I will need your email address so I can send a paypal money request.

The 1st board is Birdseye Maple. $90 plus $10 US Shipping or $25 International Shipping.
Dimensions are about 21" long, by 8" wide by 3/4" thick. There is a small flaw on the backside that has been repaired but is still visible. See enlarged 3rd photo.
bird1_zpswxqynri1.jpg

bird2_zpssseqwyqn.jpg

bird3_zpscdqrbhhg.jpg

The 2nd board is Curly Soft Maple. $75 plus $10 US Shipping or $25 International Shipping.
Dimensions are about 16&1/2" long, by 9&1/2" wide by 1" thick.
curly1_zps5ar2slve.jpg

curly2_zpshe9y8xmb.jpg

The 3rd board is Figured Claro Walnut. $125 plus $10 US Shipping or $25 International Shipping.
Dimensions are about 18" long, by 11&1/2" wide by 1&1/4" thick.
walnut1_zpswaprzm6u.jpg

walnut2_zpsxtlwymnt.jpg

These photos did not turn out too well so I will try to take some better ones shortly.

Mark, these are very handsome boards, especially that walnut one! If only bst was a little more lively for me. ..

Thanks Marc,
I have the sister to this walnut board on my kitchen counter.
Looks a little darker than the photo. I am uploading a few short videos to give a better look.

Mark,

I have not heard of Curly Soft Maple before so I am curious, will a cheese knife cut into/damage the wood? How about a paring knife cutting thru salami?

Love that Walnut board.

There are a few varieties of Eastern Maples there are Rock Maple (super hard), Sugar Maple (hard) and the Soft Maple (and a couple others). These are just common, generic names.
The hardness of the soft maple is similar to the West coast Big Leaf Maple. Still a tough, durable wood. Over time there will be shallow cut lines but it should not damage the board.

Here is a short video of the Curly Maple. The others are slowly uploading to youtube. I will post them when they are finished uploading.
[video]https://youtu.be/0IF4joJgmgw[/video]

Here is a short video of the Birdseye Maple board.
[video]https://youtu.be/_-O-L4-pOek[/video]

This is a video of the Walnut board.
[video]https://youtu.be/7fPErGpIefg[/video]

These are new photos of the 2 Maple boards that are still available.

The 1st board is Birdseye Maple. $90 plus $10 US Shipping or $25 International Shipping.
Dimensions are about 21" long, by 8" wide by 3/4" thick.
video: [video]https://youtu.be/_-O-L4-pOek[/video]
2a_zpsdyxt69ev.jpg

2b_zpsosvsazdm.jpg

The 2nd board is Curly Soft Maple. They call it soft maple compared to Eastern Rock Maple. Still durable wood, just not so hard on the edge of your blade.
$75 plus $10 US Shipping or $25 International Shipping.
video: [video]https://youtu.be/0IF4joJgmgw[/video]
Dimensions are about 16&1/2" long, by 9&1/2" wide by 1" thick.
1b_zpszdrctb7d.jpg

1a_zpswrwg2rbq.jpg

Currently these 2 remaining boards are only available here on KKF.
I will give these a couple more days here. If they don't find homes I will be moving them to my web store.

I just wanted to give all of you first shot at these because I felt you could appreciate them and would be able to use them.
Thank you to all of you who have purchased one of the boards.

The boards have been given a couple coats of food grade mineral oil.
If you periodically freshen them up with mineral oil or butcher block conditioner they will stay bright and beautiful.

After washing they should be stood on end to allow both sides to dry evenly. That helps to prevent warping.
Do not soak in a sink full of dishwater or put in the dishwasher.
I scrub mine down with soapy water and a scotchbrite pad and then rinse with warm water.
Then I wipe down all surfaces with a paper towel and stand it on end to finish drying.
After a few years of use they are still pretty flat.

ill take the curly soft maple
Thank You dough. I need your email address so I can send a paypal money request or you can send payment with paypal to [email protected]

A quick question to everyone .....
I have one more piece of birdseye maple. Should I use it for some more of the 12 inch long boards.?
I thought that was a handy size and the others sold fast.

The long birdseye board is the only one left if anyone wants it. Try to let me know today. Otherwise tomorrow I will cut it into a small board and a trivet.

All the other boards have been paid for and shipped,
Thank You Everyone.

Hi Mark,

I think that I want it, but I need to measure up and I'm out of town at the moment.

Can you hold it until Monday and I'll know for sure?

Hi Mark,

I'm very sorry, but I've measured up and it won't be suitable for what I had in mind. I apologise for the inconvenience.

I'll keep a look out for the other boards you put up.

Back