New Offering/Design

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
I realize I am premature with this offering, but I wanted to try the repaired camera out and this was a good opportunity.

Once glued and sanded, the board will be a 2 x 16 x 22 cherry w/walnut brick pattern and walnut border. There are two, one is presold and the other is up for sale.

DSC_0106.jpg

As always, if there is any interest call me at the shop or cell or send a PM or email message.

That's impressive, David, and definitely catches the eye. One question: does this style of construction require you to use more glue than your standard pattern, and is this a potential issue for knife edges or not a big deal?

By the way, my maple board is still going as strong as the day I picked it up. Incredible craftsmanship!

This design does have more glue joints and glue than the standard design. Because the glue used is a PVA glue, it stays more flexible than other glues so I don't believe the issue of excessive glue is meaningful. One thing for sure, they are a b**** to make. The photos are of the third try with the first two never to see the light outside the shop.

Hi David,

That board looks stunning!! It will be a real looker once it is finished!

It looks like the camera is working as it should be, great photo!!

Cheers!!!....

Back