Quantcast
what to do with a gaggle of lobsters???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what to do with a gaggle of lobsters???

what to do with a gaggle of lobsters???

ok so here's the deal.....monday i am gettin 12 lobsters from a friend.....i'll be at work so i am gonna cook em up for eevryone as a treat.....i got normal staples available(cream butter, pasta, simple veggies)...i also have some shrimp and mussles available to me.....

i need a dish that is quick to prepare and real tasty.....the lobsters are gonna be whole.....i ain't the quickest at picking meat either.....i wanna cut down my time cookin but i want somethin everyone can enjoy.....i never cook lobsters(don't like em myself).....so i need some ideas...i got nuttin!.....ryan

viva la revolucion !

Engorged Member
    Lobster raviolis, one of my favorites! What ever you do, don't throw out the carcasses, keep them for bisque. Another of my other favorites. I like the raviolis for groups. There not wasted and keep ok frozen if you don't cook them all.

no way i have enough time to make ravioilis......it gotta be somethin alot quicker.....i also don't have a machine to roll out the dough and i sure as hell ain't rollin it out by hand.....i guess i really do to have to precook them and take the meat out huh?......do u have to cook them all the way to get the meat out of the shells?.....ryan

viva la revolucion !

Engorged Member
    Yup, but you can break them up to cook if you're not serving them whole. Easy would be lobster Benedict. Crazy rich and delicious-throw a slice of vine ripened beefsteak tomato on there.

Lobster rolls.

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    i guess i really do to have to precook them and take the meat out huh?......do u have to cook them all the way to get the meat out of the shells?.....ryan
    you dont need to cook them to remove the shell... a quick blanch makes it a lot easier to get the meat out though cause it releases from the shell a bit.

like had been posted a lobster salad or roll are always good.
    butter poaching after you remove the shell is great.
    split the tails in half and flash over a grill with flame makes for a great flavor.
    you can also make a lobster cake... same idea as a crab cake.
    goes well with quiche if you like making that sorta thing... could always make a crustless quiche like a frittata.
    if you have a bread/terrine pan you can make a lobster loaf or terrine but thats more time consuming.

anyway you choose to go id serve it with corn and tomato because they are both great right now and are great with lobster.

Man, I wish I had 12 lobsters... The last lobsters I had I grilled.
    http://cookshootandeat.com/?p=851

I was going to suggest grilled also. Less time pickin' and more time eatin'!
    - Erik

Big pot+ "crab boil" or pickling spice some h2o or beer add the lobsters and some nice fresh NJ corn on the cob, best time of year for it! Slice up some watermelon, yellow watermelons are around if you want to spruce it up. Bake some potatoes or just boil some with the corn & lobsters. Were talking about one pot goOd old eating... Don't get any simpler then that... O cucumber salad that goes great too.

+ Reply to Thread