Korin is no longer offering sharpening for custom knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
Hi everyone! It has been a while since I posted, I hope everyone is doing well and had a lovely holiday. :)

Korin has always taken in any knife for knife services as long as it is not ceramic or serrated, even if it was custom made.

Today, a custom knife snapped in half while Vincent was using the sharpening wheel, flew out of his hand and cut his face. Thankfully it was just a little scratch, but it is still a terrifying experience.

When we looked carefully, THE TANG WAS HOLLOW AT THE BOLSTER. :scared4: The bolster was glued or kind of riveted, then completely hollow inside so all it took was for a little crack in the tang for the whole thing to break in half.

For this reason Korin can no longer offer knife sharpening services for custom knives. I know there are many hobbyists and custom knife makers here, so I wanted to explain before you guys found out from someone else. Unfortunately, it is too difficult for us to tell the construction of a knife by just looking at it and not all custom knives are made equal. We will of course offer sharpening services for custom knives made by well known craftsmen.

I am always here to support members in any way I can. If you have any questions, please let me know directly. Thank you all so much for you patience!

Yeah. Thank god bo serious damage was done and totally understandable response

It's very regrettable what happened to Vincent.

Almost as regrettable is that you're posting so infrequently of late. Not even pictures of sweets?

Wishing all of you at Korin the best in the New Year.

It's very regrettable what happened to Vincent.

Almost as regrettable is that you're posting so infrequently of late. Not even pictures of sweets?

Wishing all of you at Korin the best in the New Year.

Ahhh Dave! I know! I've been keeping an eye on KKF without actually posting for so long, but I actually have something awesome to share that been on the back burner forever. I appreciate this comment, thank you for being so kind. :)

Latest posts

Back