London Chef, budding enthusiast...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good day people, hope you all are well.
I'm a working chef in London, and have been cultivating my knife hobby with increasing fervour these last few months. Thinking about doing a bladesmithing course, and have been starting to read up on steel metallurgy. And Jnats - am hoping to procure my first foray in natural stones from Maksim at some point over the next few weeks.
My current knife-roll contains a Teruyasu Fujiwara 210 Gyuto and 150 Petty, Takeda AS 240 Sujihiki, Masakage Yuki Honesuke, Watanabe 180 Deba, and Mukimono, as well as an old Mac mighty and assorted older knives. Sharpening on Chosera 400, Shapton Pro 1000, Naniwa Superstone 5000.
Nice to meet you all!
x

Welcome from Germany...I have to say that's quite an impressive knife setup for a forum newcomer..normally that's kind of what people end up with after hanging around the forum for too long... :)

I'll confess to spending far too much time in frantic inner indecision, comparing all aspects of whatever knife i'm next lining up, fearful of making the wrong choice, before pulling the trigger...

Jacob, Don't fret it. Remember two things, you won't ever know what kind of knife you prefer until you've tried several to several hundreds. If you buy something decent, you can always sell it to someone else on the BST. But remember, with owning decent knives, comes the responsibility to keep them sharp and in top performance. For me, this is the part that takes the most patience and practice. Enjoy the journey.

Welcome to the forum, whereabouts are you working?

If you're interested in doing a course Owen Bush's is a great place to start

Mucho - yeah its all good, never not a joy to research, and I don't have a knife I regret yet!

TB - have looked at Owens courses, he looks pretty good, might be something I have to save up for. I know the guys down at Blenheim forge if you know of them?
Work at a resto called Pitt cue, used to be a tiny place in soho but opening a new bigger place in liverpool st in a few weeks. You a chef? Nice knives by the way dude!

Welcome Jacob, please take advantage of the immense knowledge distributed between the members of the forum. For rookies like me is a fountain of thoughts to read what they post. By the way, I absolutely love your city. I was just there last summer for a wonderful week with friends

Back