• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FREE: a few project knives and a few J-Nats

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heirkb

Reaction score
Long time since I've posted here. Still using my Heijis and Yoshihiro (as back up) thanks to Jon at JKI.

I have some random things though that I just want to get rid of. Ideally all at once. Just promise to pay me the shipping cost (shipping rocks is heavy!). I'd rather these go to someone who has as much free time and dorkiness as I once had than the landfill.

First to PM gets whatever they want. Please PM with your shipping info and I'll give you PayPal info. I'll ask you to put a deposit on shipping and will contact you if it ended costing more or refund you if it ended up costing less.

1. Two butcher knives that need handles and some work. Good project opportunity. One is Forgecraft, the other is Ontario Knife Co.

IMG_0246_zpsu2omlz5k.jpg

2. A mini deba (ajikiri?) with a little rust on it. Good practice sharpening knife for single bevels. Carbon steel.

IMG_0248_zpsis7gmwuy.jpg

3. A few J-Nats. I forget the name of the red/white one but its lower in "fineness". Two smaller medium "fineness" stones. And a small Hida Tool aoto.

IMG_0249_zpsupp7u7ch.jpg

4. Bunch of nice finger stones (uchigumori included) and

5. A few DMT mini plates.

IMG_0250_zpsue0nafmo.jpg

Sorry in advance if I don't respond quickly. I work pretty crazy hours but I will be your friend if you take all these at once.

Ill cover the shipping on those for sure. I would put them to good use.

Send me PM's guys and we'll get the ball rolling. Thanks!

Got some bites on all the stones. Anyone want to save these three knives from the landfill/recycle bin?

What a great offer. I like Ajikiri, but already have one.

The large red/white natural on the left you forgot the name of is a Amakusa toratogi (toratogi 'tiger stone' because of the colours) from Kyushu. Yes, it's on the coarse side but not the coarsest. They are still mined I think and are not among the many overpriced stones, so can go for low prices. They can be inconsistent, but if you can find a good side to the stone (use and try any side, unlike Kyoto layered finishers) that works well they can click and work quite well on the right knife. I've had a few and still have one.

Back