• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fowler Heiji-inspired 210mm gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

99Limited

Founding Member
Reaction score
The specs:

Blade length - 210mm

Blade height - 51mm

Blade thickness at the spine - 3mm / 2.45mm midway / 1mm tip

Blade thickness above the bevel - 2.25mm / 2.20 midway

Total length with handle - 360mm

Weight - 7 3/8 oz or 210g

Steel is 1095

Both the choil and spine have been rounded.

I have sharpened this knife once or twice. Its wide bevel profile makes it very easy to

maintain your angle when sharpening and takes a very fine edge. I bought this back when

I was collecting a few too many knives at one time. I get a new knife, use it a few days

until another knife showed up and the previous one got put away for another day. Well when

those days materialized they were short lived for this knife and it essentially became a drawer queen.

In a nutshell this knife is practically new having seen maybe 30 minutes of actual use in my kitchen.

Price is $275 and includes shipping, CONUS only, and PayPal fee. No trades.

20160122_112831.jpg20160122_113002.jpg
20160122_112914.jpg

For curious minds: Is the blade differentially hardened? Looks like there is a hamon.

There is a hamon, but beyond what I've posted that's all I know or remember.

Fowler's work is top notch, and this is definitely a steal at this price.

UPDATED INFO

The steel is W2, heated to approximately 61RC. This blade was hand forged to shape.

I dug through my email trash from several years ago and found Stephen and my back and forth conversations.

I came back to this one a couple times. I wish more gems like this would pop up on BST more often.

That looks a lot like my actual Heiji 210mm

Damn 99, you really need to start offering up these beauties to the UK!!
GLWS

Too bad I'm not an out of the box thinker. I could have offered this for free with in-home delivery to any UK guys for a small delivery

charge of a round trip ticket to London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back