Japanese Knives A bunch of new things added

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
I dont know if you guys noticed, but we added a bunch of new things to our website... you can always check out whats new here:
http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/collections/new-items
FU9A1029_grande.JPG

FU9A1029_grande.JPG

Jon, the grind on those Hide honyaki knives look insane! :viking:

Is the atamatori 165mm knife very similar in use to a curved western boning knife or is it more like a hankotsu?

Is the atamatori 165mm knife very similar in use to a curved western boning knife or is it more like a hankotsu?

sorry... those shouldnt have been up on the site... for some reason, a number of things that should have been visible showed up recently. Sorry about that.

Jon I noticed that you have started to carry the "one buckle" roll from boldric, I was wondering if this will accommodate a 270mm wa sujihiki or even a 270 yo sujihiki? Sorry if this is not the best place to post this

Jon I noticed that you have started to carry the "one buckle" roll from boldric, I was wondering if this will accommodate a 270mm wa sujihiki or even a 270 yo sujihiki? Sorry if this is not the best place to post this

i tested with a gesshin uraku 270mm sujihiki with a saya and it fit (it was close though). The gonbei aus10 fit with and without a saya.

I see the jumbo Benriner blades are back in stock :D. I'm gonna work out a shipping arrangement to gets me some!

yeah... its the last time you'll see them... they're gonna be almost impossible to get after this... i bought up all of the remaining stock i could find

yeah... its the last time you'll see them... they're gonna be almost impossible to get after this... i bought up all of the remaining stock i could find

Have they discontinued the jumbo only?

I thought I remembered Sara saying something about that, IIRC the regular Benriner is the most popular so blades will only be carried for it moving forward?

I better start counting my pennies :running:

Last edited:
Created an account on the new site, it's nice to be able to do the international shipping online. I may call in over the weekend as I had a question prior to ordering

for those of you who havent noticed all of the new things we've got on the website, its been quite a bit recently. I've adjusted the way we display new items, so that it only shows in-stock new items (as some things are selling more quickly than we expected). Anyways, check out the new stuff here:
https://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/collections/new-items

Blue_Grey_Denim_1.jpg

Souma_no_Furudairi.jpg

FU9A1389.JPG

FU9A1329.JPG

FU9A1295-L.jpg

FU9A1077_8ec819a2-867e-44be-8be2-729a0379c672.JPG

we even partnered with our friends at phoenix knife house to bing a nice strop kit to our lineup... its not something i use often, but it really can help improve edge quality... more importantly, it makes getting clean edges much easier

FU9A1547.JPG

Latest posts

Back