San Francisco - KKF Gathering/Meetup

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikedtran

Banned
Reaction score
I'm relatively new to the knife world/obsession, though have absolutely loved learning and hearing about knives on this forum.

I've seen a good number of members tagged with San Francisco, CA as their location and though I haven't seen a thread for any San Francisco meetups.

I would be more than happy to host one (have a comfortable clubhouse and two grills at my apartment complex) if there is interest.

Would be a good chance to see share knives & knowledge over food/drinks.

Post if you are interested. If there is interest I can create a doodle where we can figure out a date that works.

Cheers,
Michael

i might come up for something like that... i've got a few things i need to come up to SF for this year anyways

I have a weekend house in Yountville and we could meet there and go to a couple of my buddies wineries.

I have a weekend house in Yountville and we could meet there and go to a couple of my buddies wineries.

Oh man that sounds like an even better option than SF.

I created a doodle where people can submit what dates work for them: http://doodle.com/poll/afkbd8brews2e3av

It would be absolutely awesome if Ian and Jon made it, would also just love to meet more knife nuts from around the area generally =)

I can provide plenty of wine for the meet up. There is some good equipment for cooking on also.

Omg this sounds like so much fun.....i wish i could go :(

Nobody ever pays ME in gum ....

not sure the dates will work out for me at the end of the day, but lets see how things go.

oh man, I'll absolutely show up for this. Just let me know the date.

I work monday-fri, so any weekend works for me. But the restaurant may be closing in march or april so I may not be in California, no one knows tho.

signed up to join the crowd, I'm in Santa Rosa, just 1 mile west of 101. Feel free to stop by, can have the Coote
grinder plugged in & stones laid out if anyone wants to play. the door to the Single malt shelf will be open:wink:

So looks like dates that could work:

Saturday March 18th (works for everyone except for Jon)
Sunday March 27th (everyone can make it)

Going to post the doodle one more time: http://doodle.com/poll/afkbd8brews2e3av

And give it a couple days to see if anyone else comes out of the woodwork =)

Based on Poll looks like Saturday, March 19th and 2010ZR1 has graciously offered to host us at his place in Yountville (Wine Country)

People who have indicated they are free that weekend:
2010ZR1
mikedtran
Haburn
ramenlegend
DS Chief
Casaluz

Anyone else? =D

As a note: I'm sooooo excited to meet other members! Also really excited to see 2010ZR1's collection as the snippets look amazing.

This will be good. I will have some food and wine available. One of my chef buddies from the area may join us. I will have all of my knives there as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone. If you are in the area don't miss this one.

For anyone who is interested could you PM me your email address and we can start an email chain discussing additional details? =)

Preliminary Agenda
-Meet at 2010ZR1's (Lonnie's) place in Yountville at ~10:00am
-Head over to Del Dotto winery and have some wine and food/snacks
-Hangout at Lonnie's (over knives and stones)

I'll try to bring a parer or a similar knife for you guys to raffle off as a freebie.

maybe!!

great of you guys getting together.

i'm in the process of moving to Santa Rosa!! (just signed a lease to some janky apart) + renting my old home and all the hell asscociated with that + shopping for a new house to minimize the apartment stay + putting some of my stuff in storage. needlesstosay..i might just shotgun the first bottle of wine i see. :)

honestly, i think that weekend is the wild turkey hunt season opener. i'll be needing a broth carcass by then.

maybe!!

great of you guys getting together.

i'm in the process of moving to Santa Rosa!! (just signed a lease to some janky apart) + renting my old home and all the hell asscociated with that + shopping for a new house to minimize the apartment stay + putting some of my stuff in storage. needlesstosay..i might just shotgun the first bottle of wine i see. :)

honestly, i think that weekend is the wild turkey hunt season opener. i'll be needing a broth carcass by then.

Pop me your email and I can at least add you to the email thread where we will keep it more up to date.

I had another member suggest I put it out there that folks from all around Oregon/Reno/Nevada/Southern California if willing to make the trip should definitely come up (Ian will be making the journey I believe). Us Bay Area folks don't bite =p

We would love to have you guys =)

I had another member suggest I put it out there that folks from all around Oregon/Reno/Nevada/Southern California if willing to make the trip should definitely come up (Ian will be making the journey I believe). Us Bay Area folks don't bite =p

We would love to have you guys =)

That's so unfair to all the East Coast guys willing to charter a private jet to join the party [emoji12][emoji23][emoji12]

That's so unfair to all the East Coast guys willing to charter a private jet to join the party [emoji12][emoji23][emoji12]

Hahahaha I think we might be having it the same weekend as ECG, next year I'll have to rebrand this WCG =D

Latest posts

Back