Shipping from USA to Sweden

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimH

Reaction score
Looking for tips on shipping a knife from the US to Sweden. Help on carrier choice, item description, customs declaration (and any other unanticipated issues) appreciated!

Thx,
Tim

What about noting item is "Used kitchen utensil" on custom form? Would that help ease the duty fee if it is levied?

If that contributes to the OP's question:
When from outside the EU, in terms of applicable fees/taxes german customs hasn't proved sensible for the question of gift/kitchen tool in my experience.
Be it sent with usps or other.

Thanks again for the tips, everyone. I'll plan on using USPS/postnord and labeling "Kitchen tool."

What should I do when it comes to declaring a value and insurance? I would like to stay within the limits of the law, but also minimize potential duties for the recipient. The true retail value is approximately 500 USD.

When it's a purchase there's always the 'trick' of creating 2 paypal invoices, one with the bulk of the value and a smaller one. Then put the smaller value on the package and the buyer can then show the 'cheap' paypal invoice when collecting. Not sure how this'd work out with insurance if it ever gets lost of damaged though.

I was the shipper for preizzo's knife and I might not have followed all the rules (don't tell my AA sponsor). Feel free to PM for details.

Back