Sous Vide Vac Master VP120 on sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know the advantage of the 120 over the 112?

I liked the smaller footprint and when I was looking the 112 had problems with the plastic lid cracking. . This problem is supposed to be resolved in the new 112 model. With the 120 I still have some counter top available in front of the unit, not so with the 112. The interior height may be a bit taller in the 120 but can't be sure of that.

The auto open function makes the top easier to clean with no handle but otherwise not sure it's worth the extra cost, although it is pretty cool. In my kitchen the base cabinets are 1.5 inches taller than stock, while the upper cabinets stayed standard so the lack of a handle was actually necessary for me for the lid, when open, to clear the upper cabinets.

Damn if I hadn't just bought a few knives I'd be all over this. Good deal, but I don't REALLY need one right now and the prices just keep coming down.

Damn if I hadn't just bought a few knives I'd be all over this. Good deal, but I don't REALLY need one right now and the prices just keep coming down.
Let's hope they do. I'm really waiting for the 'Anova' of vacuum machines... I'm surprised one hasn't arrived yet with the rising popularity of sous-vide machines.

Let's hope they do. I'm really waiting for the 'Anova' of vacuum machines... I'm surprised one hasn't arrived yet with the rising popularity of sous-vide machines.

An immersion circulator is a much simpler thing to make than a vacuum sealer. The circulator is a pump, a thermostat, and a heating element. Creating a near vacuum is a lot more difficult, and thus expensive.

The clamp style ones are fine for home use with the toy circulators that have become popular. So there isn't a huge need for the price to come down too much, most people don't want an appliance 4x the size of a bread machine on their counters. Also like Andre said, much more complicated and more complicated to make cheaper.

Older thread, but that's a cool machine! We use the Vac Master 500 series at work for multiple bags, but this would be very nice for home use or small production. The code is no longer good but they offer 15% off and free shipping. Not something I'll splurge on now but a possible future purchase for sure.

Latest posts

Back