A New Toy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
Posted here instead of my sub forum, as I wanted everybody to see, particularly Dave, as I know he has a soft spot for these things. :)

I love the simplicity of these machines and legendary reliability. Mechanically, all this one needs is cleaning and lubricating. Cosmetically, it needs a full paint strip-down and a new paint job.

Walker Turner, probably from late 40's early 50's. 3phase.

DSC_1816.jpg

DSC_1817.jpg

DSC_1818.jpg

DSC_1819.jpg

This are Before pictures. I will revisit this thread (many months from now), when the machine is restored and post After pictures.

Walker Turner has a very distinctive "alien head". I love it.

Another addition - 16" Delta Milwaukee table saw, also from 1950s. Cutting thick lumber with it will be a breeze, but first, I will need to get it into the basement. It's a monster. :(

M

That looks like a candidate for the sand blaster. Should be sweet when it's done.

Unfortunately, it will have to be hand-stripped and wire-brushed. It would require a large sand blast cabinet for the task and I have no access to one.

To move the table saw, I would need to remove the top and move it separately from the base. Going to be interesting as even without a top, the base is going to weigh hundreds of pounds.
M

Latest posts

Back