• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Haburn 240 western hamon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CowichanBay

Reaction score
Hi all,

As some of you know, I'm clearing things out, this one is up next. I absolutely love Ian's work, those of you who have handled his knives know the level of fit & finish is exceptional.

I got it new, and have likely used it for a total of 25 minutes while playing with potatoes. Solid in the hand, it's a beauty. It's the knife featured here;

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/20504-Gyuto-Wild-Western

Couple more comparison pictures here;

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...lection/page2?highlight=west+coast+collection

As I was taking these pictures (really hard to take a picture of a hamon!!!) I noticed a few VERY light marks, as shown in one of the pictures, very superficial, but in the spirit of full disclosure, wanted to identify them.

242mm long
48mm tall
2.7mm at heel
Balance point at heel
226g

Asking $630 insured, fees and shipped from Canada.

Thanks for looking.

I may be talking out of my a$$ here, but I believe this is one of Ian's first western handles. If it's anything like the ones I've handled, it's very comfortable!

Yes, first Western. Ooohhhh boy. Memory lane. :O
Anyhow, if the buyer has Ryan send me the knife I'll make sure it heads to the buyer cutting like a demon. It will be headed back out the door to the buyer in less than a week. Pinkie swear.

Yes, first Western. Ooohhhh boy. Memory lane. :O
Anyhow, if the buyer has Ryan send me the knife I'll make sure it heads to the buyer cutting like a demon. It will be headed back out the door to the buyer in less than a week. Pinkie swear.

Wow Ian!!! That's incredibly generous of you.

As a shout out to Ian, I've been fortunate to deal with quite a few custom makers, and Ian is without a doubt one of the stand-outs. Not only is his reputation for impeccable work well deserved, but the way he manages to be an exceptional craftsman while running a customer service driven business at the same time is incredibly refreshing. Timely and friendly response to emails, quick shipping, great packaging, dedication to deadlines, all the things that we expect and hope for, but are often lacking Ian delivers in abundance. It's things like this that make the KKF community amazing. End rant.

I am surprised that I did not buy this one. I did think about it though.

Sold.

This is on its way back for a quick Haburn refresh before heading to its new home.

Thanks all, in particular to Ian!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back