Met Robin Dalman yesterday

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure if this is of interest to you guys (and the occasional Gal), but I met Robin yesterday in Stockholm for a beer, some knife talk and sorting through dozens of (really nice, mostly birch wood) handles.

I loved his knife before (bought two so far, one for myself, one for my mom ... third one will come later this year) and happy to say that the great knife is made by a great guy. Very humble and critical of his own work, which leads me to believe that he really has the chance to be one of the best custom knife makers out there.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's already doing a fantastic job, especially given that he's only been doing this for a short time. Matter of fact, I sometimes feel it's unfair to point out how young he is.

Anyway, to me meeting the guy who makes a/my knife is part of the appeal and I appreciate it a lot that Robin took the time to meet me and listen to my (sometimes stupid and amateurish) questions.

Thanks for letting us know! I have never met Robin and we had very intensive coversations. I can surely confirm he is a very nice guy. And a craftsman. Always nive to knowmif younwant someone to make a knife for you. :biggrin:

I look at the subject and thought you are talking about Tilman...

Nice! This weekend I received a PM from Devin Thomas asking for advice regarding a large charity function he's helping put together. They're doing a Bbq themed dinner. I gotta say it's been kinda weird/exciting to be in email/phone conversations the past week with a knife community celebrity. He's been nothing but great to talk with, and it's very humbling having such a great guy consider my opinion of value.

I need to try out one of Robin's knives soon. I've heard nothing but good things.

^^ this is so off topic, but one of these days I'm going to be up north, and I need to try your bbq and other goods!

Back