What knife do your regret selling?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
Many of us here have gone through quite a few knives and also sold some along the way. Which one do you miss? Any knife that you regret selling? I can think of a few, but the one I really regret - even though I never used it - is the mirror-polished Konosuke sakumaru takohiki 330. I sold it because I was afraid it would just start rusting on me out here. I would love getting one like that in ginsanko, but I am pretty sure it would be out of my price range.

Stefan

None!
I can never bring my self to sell any ):
if I don't thin the collection down I'm going to wind up on the tv show for hoarders!

I'm about to attempt to sell my Murray Carter AS Whitecrane... dreading the seller's remorse already, and I haven't even sold it yet.

None!
I can never bring my self to sell any ):
if I don't thin the collection down I'm going to wind up on the tv show for hoarders!

LOL, I think your tool box is worth more than my knife collection ;) You can always open a museum.

I haven't sold anyone yet. I have occasionally been thinking about selling my Keijiro Doi 300mm Shiro #1 kensaki yanagi anniversary knife to finance a really high end knife from one of the makers in the forum, but i'll probably sell off a kidney before I let this knife go. :D

DARKHoek

i suggest to wait till Keijiro Doi hang his hammer before selling your shiro hayate, it would worth way much more especially the anniversary edition one.

Yeah. And besides, I have only one of these knives but two kidneys :D

DarKHoeK

But I have one of those knives as well...let's see, that's four kidneys and two knives.....(actually, mine is blue)

Regret selling my DT ITK a bit. It was the second one ever made with the #2 engraved from the first batch of ten...it just wasn't my style and was a beautiful knife that demanded to be used often.

Also, was just thinking about it last night...I really miss my 300 Hiromoto AS wa-gyuto!

Sorry J, but that one might be gone for a good long while. You'll be the first to know, however, if she finds herself looking for a home again!

I sold my konosuke Sakai 270mm white no.2 gyuto... I kinda miss it.

I gave a way a 240 Ittosai Kotetsu (Hattori HD) gyuto. It's sitting in it's box. I'm going to ask for it back. :mad:
I also gave away a Glestain garasuke... I miss that one but I'm not sure why... :p

I regret nothing!! I've sold every single knife I've owned, except the one I'm using now :) all for good reasons, so I don't miss them. I guess that means I can't be on the Real Knife Hoarders of Orange County reality show...

I think that would be a great show... or atleast a YouTube series...

I don't know if I regret it but I miss alot of them:

watanabe damascus gyuto
tadatsuna gyuto
harner gyuto and cleaver
takeda cleaver
watanabe 360 mm slicer
a bunch of beatty cleavers
takeda gyuto

what i do regret is not buying the set of kramers i almost did back in the day.....i'd be able to pay off half of my mortgage right now, no joke!!!!

I don't know if I regret it but I miss alot of them:

watanabe damascus gyuto
tadatsuna gyuto
harner gyuto and cleaver
takeda cleaver
watanabe 360 mm slicer
a bunch of beatty cleavers
takeda gyuto

what i do regret is not buying the set of kramers i almost did back in the day.....i'd be able to pay off half of my mortgage right now, no joke!!!!

Funny when I first sore that cooks illustrated article, think it was somewhere around 2001? I called Bob to order some knives. He wanted $800 for a Damascus blade and told be it would have to wait 6 months. I thought to my self, boy this guy is nuts, I'm not paying no 800 for a knife, I'm not waiting 6 months for one. Now I wish I would have taking out a lone back then and bought 20.

i have this thing where i like to sell my old knives to people i work with or know closely so i could check up on them from time to time. most of the time people ask me to sharpen them which is kinda fun to be able to sharpen one of my old knives. sometimes the only way i can afford a new knife is to sell an old one.

im done selling though :D

This,
A Watanabe 270 gyuto with custom Stefan handle. I sold it to fund a nenox purchase. In hindsight, I should have kept the Watanabe.

img71661ce7.jpg

I always liked that Watanabe, Bao. That reminds me of another one I let go: I had a 300 Watanabe wa-sujihiki, wonderful knife but at the time I thought it was too big (WHAT was I thinking???). I traded with Fish for his wa-converted Hattori HD which I later sold. I still wonder whatever happened to that suji and all the other knives that Fish must have had around when he disappeared.

Stefan

Shigi dammy 240mm with stefan handle.......boy i am a dumba$$

Back