• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carter High Grade Funayki 8.09sun (243mm)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CowichanBay

Reaction score
Hi all,

This may be the elusive High Grade Carter Funayuki you've been looking for. Svelte and nimble. Confidence inspiring. Need I say more?

Comparison pix located here with some of its current friends;

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...lection/page2?highlight=west+coast+collection

243mm long
41mm tall at heel
2mm thick at heel
146 grams (light!!!)
Ironwood handle
131 x 19 x 25 handle at base
Balance point ~1cm in front of heel

Near mint condition, no visible marks, with the patina cleaned up it could easily pass for new. Used rarely in a home kitchen. Unlike some Carters, the handle finish on this knife is fantastic. Seems most high grade Carters are shorter, it took me a while before I found one this long. This is one of the knives I thought I'd never sell. Unfortunately life happens sometimes.....

Asking $750 including shipping, insurance and fees. No trades unfortunately.

Thanks for looking!

Beautiful knife, love the look of the ironwood. Wanted to mention that the picture link only works for logged in registered members, you may want to insert the actual picture(s) so any anonymous viewers can see. I've had people register only to PM me with an offer to buy, so something to consider (also with the Marko). GLWS

Beautiful knife, love the look of the ironwood. Wanted to mention that the picture link only works for logged in registered members, you may want to insert the actual picture(s) so any anonymous viewers can see. I've had people register only to PM me with an offer to buy, so something to consider (also with the Marko). GLWS

Thanks for the suggestion, appreciated. I've been wanting to do just that, but only paid members can upload directly into the system. I've renewed my membership, but for whatever reason it's not registering in the system, even though Paypal tells me it went through. I've tried messaging admin a couple times but no response yet, not much else I can do until admin gets a chance to look at it:(

Oh ya, anyone looking on the forum and interested in buying should be a member! Just sayin':)

$650? Thought this would be long gone by now, I'm into it for over $800 and its like new.....

I would say, give it a little more time. This is a specific knife (blade height & the length combination) and irrespective from price may take a little longer to sell.

I am so dying to get my hands on a HG carter funayaki of this length for years and finally one shows up and I don't have the funds for it.... Sigh

The holiday credit card payments are still happening. Timing is a little hard for a pricier knife.

$625, come on KKF'ers, someone take this home - this is an incredible knife!

A great knife at a great price. Congrats to those involved.

Back