ECG 2016 - Northern Virginia

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Sunday in May works best for you?

• May 1 (Sunday)

• May 15 (Sunday)

• May 22 (Sunday)

Results are only viewable after voting.

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Time to start thinking about the 2016 ECG! Sundays always seem best, and May worked well last year (not too terribly humid yet). So it would be good to hear which Sunday in May would work best for potential attendees. May 1, 15 or 22 are the potential dates.Last year Bill13 was kind enough to host at his house in Arlington, Virginia. I live 15-20 minutes away in Alexandria. Bill’s house has a better yard for this, and my house has a better interior space should weather be an issue. So at this point it could happen at either of our houses.Please chime in so we can schedule for the day when the most pros have a chance of attending.

Arlington is awesome! Definitely like the timing of a May date. Hopefully I can make it work.

nova food & wine festival, knife geek edition! i hadn't moved to that area yet when it happened last year and already moved away. too bad, would have been fun.

I am highly likely to attend whichever weekend you schedule it on. (Although there's a track event at Pocono the weekend of the 15th, I don't particularly like to drive there, so would probably pass up Pocono regardless.)

Looking forward to ECG 2016!!

Def planning to make it! A heck of a lot of awesome gear will be on display.

Hopefully I can make it out this year. As of now, any date works for me.

I might be up that way next year, keep it in northern virginia

2016 ECG is now officially set for Sunday, May 15. Arlington and/ or Alexandria in northern Virginia, just across the stinky Potomac from DC.

Thinking it would be nice to organize a dinner on Saturday at Green Pig Bistro, near ChucktheButcher's memorial knife cabinet display. Could make a quick trek over on Sunday as well.

For you westerners, book your flight soon :)

I gotta look how that works out with the semester and my teaching schedule, but it should be ok and I will put it on my calendar. What is that, 2-3h from Philly?

Stefan

Calendar is marked. I'm going to be hopeful and say that I'll brew an IPA for the event.

I apologize- I haven't a member of this forum long enough. What is an ECG?

East Coast Gathering. Search the forum for the thread on the 2015 ECG and you can see what it is like. Someone hosts at their house for the day, and KKFers swoop in with hundreds of knives to show/ compare, and to eat/ drink and meet each other in person.

Not to be confused with the gatherings in the Minneapolis area -- which are 2-day long binge-drinking fests :) Although give us time, we'll get there some day!

Not to be confused with the gatherings in the Minneapolis area -- which are 2-day long binge-drinking fests :) Although give us time, we'll get there some day!

Hmm!!...Tell me more of these 'Minneapolis' gatherings...?

Well! I'm planning on moving east (WAY east...like, NC/VA) next year. I'll have to make sure I'm in attendance at the next one, lol.

If I'm moving from Arizona to say, Virginia...I believe that would be mostly east, and even a little north, yes lol?

Yeah, no! Traditional geographical wisdom doesn't apply here. You're moving south LOL...

You should move east though. Preferably NJ. The weather sucks, the people are mostly ******** (the closer you get to NYC the worse), the potholes can swallow baby elephants and its effin expensive. But hey, it'd be easy to visit your workshop, sooooo ... Think about it, will ya? [emoji12][emoji23][emoji12]

Yeah, no! Traditional geographical wisdom doesn't apply here. You're moving south LOL...

You should move east though. Preferably NJ. The weather sucks, the people are mostly ******** (the closer you get to NYC the worse), the potholes can swallow baby elephants and its effin expensive. But hey, it'd be easy to visit your workshop, sooooo ... Think about it, will ya? [emoji12][emoji23][emoji12]

Lol! You can bet I'll be a regular in NJ, no matter where on the east coast I end up. Cheaper to drive a truck to Aldo's to buy steel, than to have the stuff shipped, lol.

But, I'll think about it :D!

Dang! Wish I could be there. Will be in ATL in the beginning of June at Blade show. What are folks' feelings on next year's ECG following Blade?

On another note I will be in Wolcott, CT the week following Blade, June 13th-18th, if there are any north easterners are interested in meeting up.

David, Katy and I are planning on coming and are really looking forward to it!

~Luke

David, Katy and I are planning on coming and are really looking forward to it!

~Luke

Even more incentive to make it and bring my BB blade, which I would have done anyway. Luke, I'll be able to get a tune-up on it since it comes with lifetime sharpening, right? :lol2:

Back