Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions?

Dave I'm not sure if this is possible: in relation to what Keith's saying, maybe a star button next to each individual threads where we could "bookmark" them. With a "Starred Threads" hyperlink next to the what's new button?

that way all the threads I have bookmarked in chrome could just be bookmarked on the actual page.

I hope you understand what I'm saying cause it makes more sense in my head!

Quote Originally Posted by jm2hill View Post
    Dave I'm not sure if this is possible: in relation to what Keith's saying, maybe a star button next to each individual threads where we could "bookmark" them. With a "Starred Threads" hyperlink next to the what's new button?

that way all the threads I have bookmarked in chrome could just be bookmarked on the actual page.

I hope you understand what I'm saying cause it makes more sense in my head!
    That's already a feature. Subscribe to the thread. That does everything you want. To see the threads, Click on "Subscribed threads" under the "Quick Links" pulldown.
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Thanks Rick, Thats perfect!

I want to suggest a better PM system - I HATE this PM system not being threaded. IMO this is a huge issue that vBulletin needs to work out and trust me I'm not alone on thinking this, they've got thousands of people screaming about it for years.

Yeah, its annoying switching back and forth between sent items and inbox to piece together a conversation, especially if it wasnt recent.

And then backing them up is even more annoying. Now the sent items and received are in 2 completely different files.

Be much better to have threaded convos so you only have entries per participant, and then when you want to delete/backup a convo, it saves it all in one file you can read chronologically.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I like the way the "new posts" are set up, it works perfectly for me, and if I want to go back and reread the thread I just make a note of which forum it is in. I haven't tried subscribing to a thread yet, I will have to try that out!
    One thing that I have not been impressed with is the search feature. I find that I get results that have little to no relevance to the search terms that I enter a lot of the time.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Also, if you "Mark Forums Read" and then click "What's New?" you will get a message that says something along the lines "There are no new posts, to search threads updated in the past 24 hours, click here."

In that link, the threads wont disappear after you have read them. I am not sure how to access that search without marking the forums read however.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Also, if you "Mark Forums Read" and then click "What's New?" you will get a message that says something along the lines "There are no new posts, to search threads updated in the past 24 hours, click here."

In that link, the threads wont disappear after you have read them. I am not sure how to access that search without marking the forums read however.
    Make a bookmark for the following link:

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/se...hp?do=getdaily
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Do you have a bookmark for that? I have done that before and it stops working after awhile. The searchid number changes at some point.