Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Do you have a bookmark for that? I have done that before and it stops working after awhile. The searchid number changes at some point.
    What you want is the link that the forum software uses, not the displayed URL after the search has been performed. Either copy the link I posted and paste it into the bookmark you want to use, or bookmark these links:

Daily Posts

What's New?

This is the link URL for What's New?:

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/se...e=vBForum_Post
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Gotcha, thanks.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Gotcha, thanks.
    Glad to help.
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    So we've been up & running now for about 6 months, about 850 members strong - not bad - but we can always do better..........
    :ggodjob: and CONGRATULATIONS!! :beer:
    Really happy Dave has this forum and with all who post here.:viking:
    Like the smilies too :hoot:

Quote Originally Posted by geezr View Post
    and CONGRATULATIONS!!
    Really happy Dave has this forum and with all who post here.
    Like the smilies too
    sorry

Quote Originally Posted by wenus2 View Post
    There's only one thing that nags at me on occasion....

I'd like to see the BST forum move the most recent posts to the top, that way available knives can be bumped up to stay visable.
    It's basically impossible to see that a 3 month old posting is still available. I see this issue becoming worse as the forum grows. It could eventually be that a 3 week old posting is on page 4 behind 32 knives that are already sold, and there is no way to move it up to where people can see it.

The mod team discussed this and we made some changes that should correct this from being a problem. All new posts should rise to the top of the forum showing availability of for sale items. We'll give this a try and see how it works out.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Dave

Cool. I just noticed it was chronological by post, so I cameback here and sure enough... my voice was heard!
    Hopefully this will make it easier to keep track of what's available. Thanks mod team!
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

how bout a shoutbox or chatroom/im feature?
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    how bout a shoutbox or chatroom/im feature?

I looked into this before but I can't recall what the deal is besides either being not do-able or really difficult to do. I'll do some more poking around and see what I can find out.

On a slightly related note, the software does allow a member to select what IM platform they use and to display an icon under your avatar to which other members can click on to contact you in real time. I believe skype, AIM, yahoo, and the other normal ones are listed to choose from. I understand this isn't a chat room but it's something if you want to be more accessible or if your looking to connect with someone quickly who's online. Just something to think about.