Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Passaround!

Quote Originally Posted by TB_London View Post
    Great Stuff,
    Out of the options I'd prefer to try a flatter profile 9.5 similar to your Instagram pics. But, whatever you feel is most reflective of your style

Cheers,
    tom
    I'm with Tom. Flat profile and fairly pointy tip (like the one on the instagram).

Hi Dan,

I'm not a Pro, so might not be able to give as useful feedback as others, but I'd love to give it a try if you'd be willing to include me. I too would prefer 9.5" with a flat(ish) profile, but it's probably best to go with whatever you like best in terms of profile.

I somehow missed this thread and the other one (EU/UK) and only noticed them now.

I'm in London and I work in a professional kitchen. I'm up for it even though I like my knives with belly!

I said I'd limit it to 5, but as MAS4T0 and toufas were in a couple of minutes of each other, let's call it six;

Tim The Beaver
    Apathetic
    TB London
    Aphex
    MAS4T0
    toufas

Thanks for your interest!

Here are the proposed parameters, as per the European passaround;

- Keep and use the knife for a week, 10 days tops, before sending it on to the next person in line. Ask the next person or me for their address via PM.

- The knife must be securely and safely packaged. I will provide bubble wrap, a cardboard tube and a cork for the tip which should be good for the duration of the passaround. If not, please pack it as best you can, with the safety of postal workers in mind, and obviously the safety and security of the knife.

- Please send the knife on using a secure method, "signed for" or whatever, including insurance of the value of the knife (in this case £245).

-Please feel free to sharpen the knife if you feel competent doing so

-Please DO NOT use the knife for chopping bones/trees/bricks, prying open paint tins, as a screwdriver, hotwiring cars, slaying dragons, or any other purpose for which it was not intended. For the record its intended use is cutting meat and vegetables (trees are not vegetables).

-Please DO NOT put the knife in the dishwasher, and please do not leave it wet or dirty.

-Please DO NOT alter the knife in any way other than to make it sharp if it is blunt.

-Please DO use the knife hard. I make them to be used. It is not a toy or an ornament!

-Please DO leave full and frank feedback. I'm doing this passaround because I want to raise the profile of the knives I make and do business, make money, etc., but getting honest appraisal of my work is going to be very important in helping me make the best knife possible.

Thanks for all your interest!

Tim the Beaver, could you send me your address?

Hi All!
    I've put some photos of the passaround knife up on my instagram page, simply because getting photos off my camera and on to photobucket takes so very very very long out here. It's the knife with the curly maple handle. Link below.

I haven't heard back from Timthebeaver concerning his address, so Apathetic, if you could send me yours?

I've just been checking out the instagram pics, looks very nice indeed. It will be interesting to see how the handle feels in the hand, I've never held a western with as much belly.

Come on people, send in your addresses, let's get this passaround on the go!

As you may be able to tell I'm keen to try this out