• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Saji damascus cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CowichanBay

Reaction score
Hi all,

Up for grabs is a Saji damascus cleaver, with a really nice wooden handle. I can't find the knife details, but I believe its VG10 under stainless damascus, please correct me if you know otherwise. If you want a knife to draw attention of passersby, this is it. If you have to choose a knife to drop on your foot, this would not be it. Significantly heavier than a Sugi #6. My scale maxes out at 500g, so no accurate weight for this one, but the Saji cleavers on JCK's website are 700g. This is a thinner blade, but its still a substantial piece of steel.

Comparison pix here;

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...lection/page2?highlight=west+coast+collection

113 x 218mm
2.3mm along entire spine
108 x 23 x 33mm handle
Balance at bottom kanji

It's been used, but in great shape. There are a few small marks in the wood on the handle, and very minor scuffs on the bolster.

Asking $500 shipped, no trades.

Thanks for looking!

Hi Zulfiker3, got you some shipping options but you'll have to clean out some messages from your folders, I can't reply to you.

Back