Quantcast
Quick selling question

Thread: Quick selling question

Quick selling question

Hi

Do I have to subscribe to the forum to be able to post listings in the trade section ?

Alan

Nope.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...USE-THIS-FORUM

Just have to be a member for 30 days and have 50 posts.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Thanks

Knew the info was here somewhere, just never saw it.

In new so i dont want to rock any boats,ive been in several forums and the etiquette is alwasy different is it OK to post a link to an Ebay sale ? im strictly selling my own knives, just got the bug.

Alan

As I'm not a moderator my word should be taken as nothing
    but if you post an ebay sale:

I think most people would be fine with it if you have good general feedback and its a buy now sale not an auction.
    As that way you are still offering it to the forum without creating competition for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    Thanks

Knew the info was here somewhere, just never saw it.

In new so i dont want to rock any boats,ive been in several forums and the etiquette is alwasy different is it OK to post a link to an Ebay sale ? im strictly selling my own knives, just got the bug.

Alan
    I suggest that you PM Dave, Jim or Ryan for an answer to that.
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Welshstar, first of all, welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy it and contribute even if you don't sell. Secondly, the B/S/T area of the forums is designed for personal sales only.

This is a post from Dave a few days ago "The B/S/T forum is NOT to be used by knifemakers for the sale of their wares. This forum is for personal sales use only. "

If I remember correctly ebay links were strictly forbiden. This is really more a community to exchange ideas and to talk about passions than it is a sales platform.

Live auction links are not allowed, regardless if they are your auction or not.

OK

Thanks, I will not post any links.

The only issue is that being new its hard to come up with 50 intelligent posts without asking loads of dumb sounding redundant questions. Ive got to like 3 levels of knife that i thought would be all id ever need already and keep on wanting another level !!

Alan

Alan

Dont be shy and you'll have 50 posts in no time. And nobody said they all have to be intelligent. Most of mine are stupid.

Either way, you have to stick around for 30 days before you can sell anything, you might as well share your knowledge base.
    You are making your own knives so you have to have some knowlege, right?