Handle upgrade for Itinomonn Butcher

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the past year at least, you're probably better off emailing Maxim than hoping for him to post on KKF.

... Also, do you mean an octagonal handle?

The butcher is a pretty rustic, non-sleek knife, octagonals I think are a little more sleek and so I think oval or shinogi 'd' handles suit it more. Just for fun, here's mine a few months back: new finish and I'd changed to a slightly larger shinogi-d handle because the size suited the knife better for me; yes the marble ferrule is a bit flawed, but it's only a rough butcher knife.

Itonimon%20butcher_zpshjavk6ot.jpg

I agree- the oval one suits just better.
I use it already since some years- no problems for the standard handle

I ordered one of these yesterday late at night (or I guess technically early morning lol) and am tempted to get a semi custom, but will wait and see how the knife is (and also how my cashflow is lookin'). Couldn't resist with the sale price :D

have high hopes for this knife as it looks like it combines certain elements of what I like about my SB hankotsu and honesuki in a single DB package. Reading the reviews at JNS was helpful too.

I ordered one of these yesterday late at night (or I guess technically early morning lol) and am tempted to get a semi custom, but will wait and see how the knife is (and also how my cashflow is lookin'). Couldn't resist with the sale price :D

have high hopes for this knife as it looks like it combines certain elements of what I like about my SB hankotsu and honesuki in a single DB package. Reading the reviews at JNS was helpful too.

Were you able to order a second item to get free shipping? I placed this item in the cart and went to checkout to apply the discount code but, I didn't see any way to add items to the cart to get the total price over the minimum for free shipping?

Jack

I also ordered an itinomonn petty to give as a gift to a family member and a pair of nigiri-bisami for myself.

To keep shopping, I just clicked the home link (JNS logo, at least in mobile)at the top of the page and then found the remaining items I wanted before checking out. At either rate 30% off is too good to pass on

I also ordered an itinomonn petty to give as a gift to a family member and a pair of nigiri-bisami for myself.

To keep shopping, I just clicked the home link (JNS logo, at least in mobile)at the top of the page and then found the remaining items I wanted before checking out. At either rate 30% off is too good to pass on

Thanks - I'll try clicking on the JNS Logo.

Jack

I think I may have bought the last one :(

I just went there and found out your right - well that's both good and bad as I wanted that knife but my wife has been a bit concerned with my last four knife purchases (don't you have enough knives?).

Damm - If he gets more before the sale I'll get one, otherwise I'll have to do with the two knife blocks full of knives as a home cook ;-)

Jack

I wanted that small petty as I was trying to add it so I can get the free shipping but even with the total being above the minimum for free shipping I couldn't get it for some reason. Ended up picking up the red jns aoto along with the butcher and I got the free shipping. The petty will wit for another time

Back