Stainless San Mai

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haburn

Reaction score
I'll be offering stainless san mai as an option with custom orders now. The core will be 52100 or WRT steel. These will also be available occasionally in my store. BIG thank you to Devin for the pointers.
I'm still developing how to finish the blades. What do you guys think of this as an option? Too much contrast between the core and the jacket?

eAE7ZUih.jpg

That looks amazing, I would love to see the finished product. Tempting me to place an order. It would be interesting to see a comparison with a knife with less contrast side by side.

What is your current lead time on a custom order?

Its beautiful. Very HHH with the bold contrast. Definatly not for everyone but those who like this will like it a lot. Be cool to see damascus under the jacket and having that huge contrast.

That looks amazing, I would love to see the finished product. Tempting me to place an order. It would be interesting to see a comparison with a knife with less contrast side by side.

What is your current lead time on a custom order?

Thank you, the next available spot for a finished knife is October.

Good from Godslayer. :doublethumbsup:

Damascus core, stainless jacket:

jE55939h.jpg

mfRGaS4h.jpg

Ian you are continuing to outdo yourself at every turn! My wallet is scared =O

Thanks guys. Sharpened and ready to go.
I lightened the etch after finishing the handle. I think it's a better fit with the mokume and curly koa Western.

1kxGCSnh.jpg

im6Bt5fh.jpg

Z6wzYAeh.jpg

wbdxP5Eh.jpg

Back