• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BIG KNIFE SELL!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc4pt0

Reaction score
So my wife and I got some amazing news, along with some other news we could have done without. Both of which call for some funds to get freed up so here comes the Big Sell.
Simply put, I have too many knives. However, because of this, most of them have seen very little use. Not because they suck, but only because I rotate a lot, have a few favorites and I'm just not cutting that much anymore. One of very few downfalls with being where I'm at in my career today.

All prices include paypal and priority shipping conus

First up is a Sakai Takayuki Syousin Wa Gyuto 240
It measures at 232mm on edge, 52mm height at heel.
Comes with Jame's amazing maple saya.
Handle has been rounded on the bottom half, and is now extremely comfortable. Blade has been lightly touched up on JKI 6k diamond once.
Asking $380

​

Second up is a Tanaka Ginsan (Ginsanko, G3) Nashiji Gyuto 240mm With Custom Octagonal Ebony Handle
I have used this for a total of about 10 minutes, so edge is still untouched.
Asking $175

​ ​

Next up is a Masahasi Kobo Damascus 240 SLD Wa Gyuto w/ Ho Saya
This knife is a beast, and a stupid phenomenal cutter.​ I got this about a month ago, and it's one that I was very excited about putting to some heavy use, but now I'm selling it instead.​ Edge is untouched and knife is essentially brand new.
Edge is 240mm, height is 55mm
Asking $350

​ ​

Next- 10" Z Kramer Meiji Gyuto, Stainless Damascus.
This knife has been sharpened by me once using JKI 1k & 6K progression. Other than that, it's spotless and brand new.
Asking $340

​ ​

Another 10" Z Kramer, this one is from the Essential Line.
This knife has been slightly thinned just behind the edge and is such a better knife because of this. The edge does show some scuffs still from the thinning, but overall the knife is fantastic shape.
Asking $230

​

Robin Dalman 230mm K-Tip AEB-L Gyuto w/ Cocobolo Western D-Handle
This is one of Robins Earlier works, but every bit of a performer as his gyuto I have.
Knife has been used about a total of 45 minutes
230mm on edge (about) and 53mm at heel
Asking $400

​ ​

​ ​

Martell CPM-154 240 Gyuto
Dyed maple western handle
240mm on edge and 55mm at heel
Knife was used a combined time of about 2 hours
Asking $525

​ ​

Haburn 52100 Carbon 240mm Gyuto
Drop tail "kite" handle in Ringed Gidgee w/ damascus bolster
243 on edge, 53-54 on heel.
This is the one from the group here that I can't believe I'm letting go of. I absolutely adore this knife, and if I didn't have another from Ian it wouldn't be leaving my side.
This knife rocks Ian's "Food Release" grind, but has been thinned by Ian himself. It has been sharpened by me a few times and used semi regularly at work.
Asking $580

​ ​

And Lastly:

Mario CPM-154 250mm D-Handle Wa Gyuto
Figured Walnut w/ Copper Mokume spacer
250mm on edge, 48mm at heel.
This knife has a unique grind to it that is hard to describe, and even more difficult to capture in pictures. It is along the lines of a convex grind, but also has a bit of a hollow(concave) grind just above the edge.
I don't really use this guy too often anymore, but just love the knife in general. I've received many offers for this knife, but have always kept it. Because of this, I will be starting the price at $​1​200​ OBO​ but am open to offers. ​Do I expect $1200? Nah, but I've been offered close to this in the past.

​

​

All knives are in excellent condition, but some do show small markings from use, unless otherwise specified (ex the Kramer Essential).
I am not looking for trades as this is an attempt to raise funds.
I will base the sells on the first time stamp via a post here or by PM, with the exception of the Mario which I will sell to the best offer. (I've read the BST rules thoroughly​, and though they do not forbid an auction style setting, I simply don't want to hassle with an auction​, hence the higher price tag)

I'll post some more pics a little later when I get the chance. I suspect this will keep me pretty busy for now...

Pmed about the Tanaka Ginsan

Also congrats on the good news and sorry to hear about the bad news.

Thanks guys.
And Bill, I do know why, but that's not really a bad thing considering. ..

Must... resist... Argh! Nice knives and good luck with your sales!

I really need to stop checking the forums, or I'm going to go broke...

It's not the one from CKTG with plastic. I'm told it's horn but I honestly can't tell for sure. I will say the handle overall feels solid. Almost identical to the quality found on my kochi, minus the d shape/octagonal thing

It would be helpful to know the price paid to use as the fair market value in case another Mario goes up for sale again in the future.

I totally hear you, and I get it. However, out of respect to the buyer I'd rather not say at the moment. The buyer hasn't asked me to keep it under wraps or anything of the sort, I just rather the buyer discuss this himself.

I will offer this though, before I decided to let this Mario go I have received offers ranging from $700 to $1000. I've also received trade offers valued in the same ballpark. This is why I placed the "asking price" at $1200.

I hope this helps.

Also, I was given a thumbs up to share the price paid for the Mario, which was $840.

For what it's worth if considering the Haburn:

I also have 2 gorgeous pieces of ringed gidgee that I was going to use for a matching saya that one could also pick up ($75). It would make for am amazing looking set when all is done. It saddens me some parting ways with this.

Back