• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigefusa KU Santoku 165mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDispossessed

Reaction score
Hey All,

Up for sale today is a Shigefusa Kurouchi Santoku, 165mm

This knife has been used gently at home, sharpened about half dozen times. I cleaned up the primary bevels with fingerstones, but there are still some 2k and 4k scratches in there. The handle was upgraded to an octagonal burnt chestnut w buffalo horn. Its a slimmer handle, comfortable to me and I have big hands, it would be perfect for someone with smaller hands. This knife is super stiff, more so than my katos, zero flex. The kurouchi is remarkably smooth and dark with a little texture. Comes with box.

Weight 154g
Handle to Tip 183mm
Heel to Tip 165mm
Height at Heel 48mm
Spine at heel about 3.8mm
Spine halfway across about 2mm

$250 shipped CONUS via USPS priority w tracking and insurance.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/101238579861563358273/albums/6249779529467182289

Cheers
Matteo

What, no love for newbie lurkers? First post, first Shig, thanks Matteo! Looking forward to trying this one out, and getting a few posts put together so I can eventually unload one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back